Swimming at the 1959 Pan American Games – Women's 100 metre backstroke
The women's 100 metre backstroke competition of the swimming events at the 1959 Pan American Games took place on 5 September (preliminaries) and 6 September (final). The last Pan American Games champion was Leonore Fisher of Canada.
|Women's 100 metre backstroke at the III Pan American Games|
|Dates||September 5 (preliminaries), September 6 (finals)|
All times are in minutes and seconds.
|KEY:||q||Fastest non-qualifiers||Q||Qualified||GR||Games record||NR||National record||PB||Personal best||SB||Seasonal best|
The first round was held on September 5.
|1||-||Sara Barber||Canada||1:12.7||Q, GR|
The final was held on September 6.
|Carin Cone||United States||1:12.2||GR|
|Christine Kluter||United States||1:12.4|
|4||Lynn Burke||United States||1:13.8|
- "O GLOBO News Archive - September 7, 1959, Morning, Sports, page 6". O GLOBO. Archived from the original on 8 September 2013. Retrieved 7 September 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- O GLOBO News Archive
- Hickoksports Archived 2012-12-05 at Archive.today
- All Pan medalists - Male
- All Pan medalists - Female
- Pan American Games - Swimming and Diving page, from gbrathletics.com; retrieved 2012-04-15.
- "Swimming Technical Manual" (PDF). Guadalajara 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 July 2011. Retrieved 23 October 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)