|Associate Justice of the Iowa Supreme Court|
|Assumed office |
September 21, 2018
|Appointed by||Kim Reynolds|
|Preceded by||Bruce B. Zager|
|District Judge of the 4th Judicial District of Iowa|
November 2015 – September 21, 2018
|District Associate Judge of the 4th Judicial District of Iowa|
October 2007 – November 2015
|Born||April 27, 1962|
Harlan, Iowa, U.S.
|Education||Judson University (B.A.)|
Creighton University School of Law (J.D.)
State court serviceEdit
Appointment to Iowa Supreme CourtEdit
Christensen was one of three finalists sent to the Governor for consideration. In August 2018 Governor Kim Reynolds appointed Christensen to the Iowa Supreme Court to fill the vacancy left by the retirement of Bruce B. Zager. On September 21, 2018 she was sworn into office. Christensen is Reynolds' first appointment to the Iowa Supreme Court. She became the first female since 2011 and the third female overall to join the court.
- "Iowa Judicial Branch: Application for Supreme Court Justice position" (PDF).
- "Gov. Reynolds selects Susan Christensen as Supreme Court justice". governor.iowa.gov (Press release). Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- "Gov. Kim Reynolds names district court judge to Iowa Supreme Court". Des Moines Register. 2018-08-01. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- Glueck, Kevin; Cummings, Caroline (2018-08-01). "Susan Christensen appointed to Iowa Supreme Court". KTVO. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- "Here are the three finalists for the open Iowa Supreme Court seat". Des Moines Register. 2018-07-10. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- "Justice Christensen Investiture September 21, 2018". 2018-09-04. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- "Reynolds names rural judge to Iowa Supreme Court Susan Christensen becomes first woman on the court since 2011". The Gazette. 2018-08-01. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
Bruce B. Zager
| Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of Iowa
|This American law–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|