Singam Subhash Singh (born 1989) is an Indian professional footballer who plays as a winger for indian club Sagolband United.
|Full name||Singam Subhash Singh|
|Date of birth||2 February 1990|
|Place of birth||Manipur, India|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8+1⁄2 in)|
|2005–2007||Sports Authority of India Manipur|
|2011||→ Pune (loan)||15||(1)|
|2015||→ Bharat FC (loan)||18||(2)|
|2016||→ Mohun Bagan (loan)||1||(0)|
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 19:58, 29 March 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 09:42, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
Subhash had to choose between football or weight-lifting as a career option, his father preferred him to follow the latter, but his family backed him to become a footballer after impressive performances in village tournaments as a kid. He would join the Sports Authority of India at Manipur in 2005 at 15 and spend two years honing his skills before playing for ESU, a Manipuri football club.
It was soon after his first year with his club in Manipur that his cousin Samson Singh recognizing the potential Subhash had, invited him for a trial with Air-India. The striker impressed the Pilots and was soon signed by the club for their senior team. He enjoyed great success in his two-year stint with the Mumbai-based club and even finished as second top scorer amongst Indians in his second season at the I-League club.
Subhash moved to Kolkata giants East Bengal in 2009, with whom he spent a season during which he also made his India U23 debut.
After a short unsuccessful 6-month spell at Salgaocar in 2010, he was loaned out to Pune for the second half of the 2010–11 I-League. His speed and dribbling skills added a new dimension to Pune FC’s playing style and he soon became a crowd favorite. With his loan signing proving to be a success, Derrick Pereira was quick to sign him permanently at the end of the season. Subhash repaid the faith shown in him by the Pune FC management by scoring the goals that helped the club to a top-5 finish. His on-field performances won him the "Young Player of the Year 2011-12″.
In June 2013, Singh signed a one-year deal with Shillong Lajong. He made his debut for Lajong in the I-League on 22 September 2013 against Dempo at the Duler Stadium in which he came on as a substitute for Uilliams in the 73rd minute as Shillong Lajong won the match 0-3.
In October 2014, Subhash joined Indian Super League team Mumbai City for 2014 season. He scored his first goal on 18 October 2014 against FC Pune City in 5–0 win.
Bharat FC (loan)Edit
Subhash signed for newly promoted I-League club Bharat FC for the 2014-2015 season on loan from Mumbai City.
Mohun Bagan (loan)Edit
In June 2015 Subhash was signed by Mohun Bagan on loan for the 2015–16 I-League season.
- ^ www.indiansuperleague.com. "Singam Subash Singh - Forward, Mumbai City FC - ISL Player Profile". www.indiansuperleague.com. Archived from the original on 11 October 2017. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- ^ Banerjee, Vinayak. "Subhash Singh returns to Mumbai for a tryst with destiny - ISL Features". www.indiansuperleague.com. Archived from the original on 4 September 2017. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- ^ "Dempo vs. Shillong Lajong 0-3". Soccerway. Archived from the original on 5 March 2022. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- ^ Vinayak Banerjee (3 October 2014). "Subhash Singh returns to Mumbai for a tryst with destiny". Archived from the original on 4 September 2017. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- ^ Mitra, Atanu (23 December 2014). "Bharat FC sign six players from Indian Super League". Goal.com. Archived from the original on 1 March 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- ^ Jitendran, Nikhil (26 June 2015). "Subash Singh: 'It's a great feeling to play for the I-League champions". Goal.com. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- Subhash Singh at Soccerway