Duler Stadium is an association football stadium located in Mapusa, Goa, India. It is the former home of the I-League clubs who participate in the highest level of football in the country. Dempo SC, Salgaocar F.C. and Sporting Clube de Goa use the venue for most of their home games since 2016.
|Location||Mapusa, Goa, India|
|Owner||Goa Football Association|
|Field size||105 x 65 meters|
Kingfisher name sponsor rejectionEdit
In 2009 the Goa Football Association agreed to a deal with giants Kingfisher to rename the Duler Stadium to the Kingfisher Stadium but in January 2009 the people of Mapusa started to reject a rename because despite the stadium being owned by the GFA the land the stadium is on belongs to the Mapusa Communidade.
In 2012 the Goa Football Association approved to revamp the Duler Stadium by adding a new AstroTurf to the stadium, the second stadium to get Astroturf since 2006. On 10 June 2012 it was announced that FIFA had officially approved the move for the new Astroturf. The stadium getting the grant for the Astroturf from FIFA meant that the stadium was part of FIFA's Win in India with India program.
- "GFA plans major expansion of Duler stadium". GoaCom. Archived from the original on 9 December 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Da Costa, Aldrid. "New generation turf at Duler Stadium". OHeraldo. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Duler Footbal Stadium (Mapusa)". WikiMapia. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Move to rename Duler stadium opposed". Navhind Times. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "FIFA GIVE ALL CLEAR TO LAY ASTRO TURF". Goa Football Association. Archived from the original on 24 January 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
|This article about an Indian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|