Style (2006 film)
Style is a 2006 Telugu musical dance film written, and directed by Raghava Lawrence. Produced by Larsco entertainments, the film starred Prabhu Deva, Raghava Lawrence, Raja, Kamalinee Mukherjee, and Charmme Kaur in important roles, whilst Chiranjeevi and Nagarjuna in cameo appearance, the film's soundtrack is composed by Mani Sharma, and as Lawrence's second directorial venture after the blockbuster Mass. The film was a box-office hit and has garnered the Filmfare Award for Best Choreography. The film was subsequently dubbed into Tamil as Lakshyam.
|Directed by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Produced by||Lagadapati Sirisha Sridhar|
|Written by||Kulashekar (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Story by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
Ganesh (Prabhu Deva) is a famous dancer and beats Anthony in a dance competition to head into the international arena. Infuriated, Anthony arranges an accident for Ganesh, in which Ganesh loses his legs and cannot dance anymore. He becomes depressed and suicidal, but his sister Priya (Kamalinee Mukherjee) consoles him and tells him to teach someone who could get benefited. Ganesh aims to set up a dance school and starts his search for a competent dancer and finds about Raghava (Raghava Lawrence), who also works as a cleaning boy at a dance school in Visakhapatnam. Ganesh comes to know about him and his four friends and makes them his students. The rest of the movie revolves around their training and budding love between Priya and Raghava. Finally, Raghava and his batch defeat Anthony's batch on the dance floor. The movie ends with a film offer to Raghava, given by actor Chiranjeevi (Chiranjeevi).
- Prabhu Deva as Ganesh
- Raghava Lawrence as Raghava
- Raja as Raja
- Kamalinee Mukherjee as Priya
- Charmy Kaur as Shruti
- Vernon Enthiado as Anthony
- Bhanu Chander as Raghava's father
- Jayasudha as Raghava's mother
- Narasimharaju as Doctor
- Farhad Shahnawaz as Dance Instructor
- Kovai Sarala
- Vamsi Krishna
- Ping Pong Surya
- Chiranjeevi as himself (cameo)
- Akkineni Nagarjuna as Mass (cameo)
- Suman as Anchor (cameo)
|Film score by|
|Mani Sharma chronology|
The music was composed by Mani Sharma. All songs are hit tracks. Music released on MADHURA Entertainment Music Company.
- Telugu version
|1.||"Style Style"||Madhu||Ravi Varma||4:39|
|3.||"Rock & Roll"||Vishwa||KK||4:32|
|4.||"Thadava Thadavaku"||Chinni Charan||Karthik, Mahalakshmi Iyer||3:29|
|7.||"Ra Ra Rammantunna"||Chinni Charan||Shankar Mahadevan||5:16|
- Tamil version
- Neruppai — Karthik
- Style Style — Jaigeetha, Ravivarma
- Superstar — Karthik
- Unnil Ulladhu — Karthik
- Vaada Vaada — Tippu
- Yaarumillai — Karthik
Production and releaseEdit
- Style was the highest budgeted dance-musical in India at the time of its release.
- It was the first south Indian film to be shot with Super 35 camera.
- Style was the first south Indian film to be color corrected.
- The producers, Sirisha and Sridhar Lagadapati, were approached by a distributor from a territory for Style. Since they were not eager to do business with him, it is said that they tried to dissuade him by quoting a then-exorbitant price for the movie. To their surprise, he immediately agreed and bought Style for his territory. The distributor thanks them even today since it was the only movie in a long time that had brought him profits.
- This film was dubbed in Tamil with the title Lakshyam.
Box office performanceEdit
The film had a 100-day run in 30 centres.
- "Style - Telugu cinema Review - Lawrence, Prabhu Deva, Raja, Kamalinee Mukherjee, Charmme".
- "Style review. Style Telugu movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com".
- "Style Telugu Movie, Wiki, Story, Review, Release Date, Trailers - Filmibeat".
- "Style (Telugu) Movie Review".