He has walked the ramp for Lakme Fashion Week from 2004 to 2009. He was the "Show stopper" for Sabyasachi Mukherjee in Lakme Fashion Week in 2008. He has worked with the leading fashion designers of India including Manish Malhotra, Rocky S., Asmita Marwa, Rohit Bal, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, JJ Valaya, Wendell Rodricks, Narendra Kumar, Raghavendra Rathore, Vikram Phadnis, Arjun Khanna, Dev & Neil and Muzafar Ali. He was the brand ambassador for Kalaniketan, Nokia Champions starring Priyanka Chopra and was the face of 'Chi Man' in the United States to name a few.
He made his Telugu cinema debut with the film Relax, which was released in March 2005. His next movie, Style, was released in January 2006, where he played the role of a dance instructor. He is currently acting in a movie called Rey, being directed and produced by Y. V. S. Chowdary, which is due for release in 2014.
- Vijay kumar, Renuka (21 June 2006). "Fashion all the Way". The Hindu. Chennai. Retrieved 21 June 2006.
- "New villain in Tollywood". Deccan Chronicle. 10 January 2016.
- "'Rey' Movie Review by Viewers". International Business Times. 27 March 2015.
- "Style bhai!". The Times of India. 23 October 2008. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- Vali, Aishan (23 September 2010). "The Winning Look". The Hindu. Chennai.
- "Modelling is not forever". Rediff.com. 20 September 2009.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (18 October 2008). "Pottrait of a Model". The Hindu. Chennai.
- "Farhad Shahnawaz". Explosive Fashion. Archived from the original on 15 March 2018.
- Bora, Prabalika (7 August 2013). "On song and dance". The Hindu. Chennai. NXg. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- Anuradha (1 March 2005). "Relax : A Very Hatke Movie!".
- Pillay, Deepika (15 July 2013). "Model Farhad makes a comeback in Tollywood". The Times of India.
- "Chiranjeevi's nephew, Teja to debut in Telugu movie 'REY'". Gizmo Crave. 14 June 2014. Archived from the original on 16 June 2014.