This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sridhar Lagadapati (born 14 June 1968) is the founder and head of Sirisuns Entertainment (Earlier Larsco Entertainment), a company based in Hyderabad (Telangana, India). Sirisuns produces Telugu films (under the banner of Ramalakshmi Cine Creations) and content for Television. Sridhar’s wife, Sirisha Lagadapati is the co-founder and partner alongside Sridhar in all aspects of Sirisuns.
Sridhar Lagadapati was the co-founder of Lanco Infratech Ltd., along with his brothers Rajagopal Lagadapati and Madhusudhan Lagadapati. Lanco is an integrated infrastructure developer with interests in Power, Infrastructure, Construction and Property Development. After Sridhar founded Sirisuns (then Larsco Entertainment) in 2003, he gradually shifted his focus from Lanco Infratech (where he was then the Vice Chairman of the group) to Sirisuns Entertainment and made his first film in Telugu, "Evadi Gola Vaadidhii". Today,[when?] he is still a key executive and promoter of Lanco Infratech and continues in the capacity of Director in several of Lanco Infratech’s group companies.
Sridhar Lagadapati was born in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh (AP)- the youngest sibling among Padma Garlapati the eldest, Rajagopal and Madhusudhan,the youngest but one. His mother Rama Lakshmamma and father Rama Naidu sent him to Vijayawada for his intermediate education at Siddarth Arts College, after he finished his secondary school education from Loyola Public School, Guntur. For his Engineering degree, Sridhar went to Tumkur, Karnataka where he studied at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology. His pursuit of higher education landed in him the US, where he took a Masters in Construction Management from Eastern Michigan University (EMU).
After his return from the USA, Sridhar married Sirisha in 1995. Around this time Sridhar was also appointed Joint Managing Director of Lanco Infratech Limited (formerly Lanco Constructions). Subsequently, Sridhar took lead of the company as its Managing Director and then, as its Vice-Chairman. By 2003, he set up Sirisuns Entertainment along with Sirisha. He lives in Jubilee Hills at Hyderabad with his wife Sirisha and their two sons Prashant Gaurav and Sahidev Vikram.
Sridhar is a trustee of Lanco Foundation (Earlier called LIGHT - Lanco Institute of General & Humanitarian Trust), and is the Managing Trustee of Sri Prasahi Charities, a personal charity founded by Sridhar and Sirisha.
Sridhar set up Sirisuns Entertainment (Earlier, Larsco Entertainment) with Sirisha in 2003, focusing on contemporary and progressive cinema. It produces movies under the banner of Ramalakshmi Cine Creations with the logo of Mother and Child. Sridhar explains that the logo epitomizes the cinematic contentment that Sirisuns likes to give to its audience through its audio-visual products. Today, Sirisuns is considered a successful production house in the Telugu film industry with movies such as Style and Evadi Gola Vaadidi.
- Evadi Gola Vaadidhi (2005, Telugu)
- Style (2006 film) (2006, Telugu)
- Latchiyam (2006, Tamil) - Dubbed version of Style
- Viyyalavari Kayyalu (2007, Telugu)
- Sneha Geetham (2010, Telugu)
- Potugadu (2013, Telugu)
- Jhoomo Nacho Gao Yaron (Hindi) - Dubbed version of Style is ready for release
- Sikandar (2015, Dubbed in Telugu from Tamil movie Anjaan) Co-produced with Thiruppati Brothers and UTV Motion Pictures
- Krishnamma Kalipindi Iddarini (2015)
- Naa Peru Surya (2017)
Critical Reception and AwardsEdit
Snehageetham (2010): Won AP State Nandi Award for Best Female Playback singer to Pranavi for the song "Sarigama-padani" from this film
- "Larsco World". Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- India Glitz. ""Kitiki" TV Series Launched".
- Business Standard. "Sirisha Sridhar's Plans for Sirisuns in 2005".
- Economic Times, India Times. "Lanco".
- Damodaran, Harish. India's new capitalists: caste, business, and industry in a modern nation.
- moneycontrol.com. "Sridhar L Vice Chairman Lanco Infratech".
- Moneycontrol.com. "Sridhar as Vice Chairman of Lanco Infratech".
- "VIKRAM: THE "LUCKY STAR" OF TOLLWOOD - Son of Sirisha and Sridhar Lagadapati". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "VIKRAM: THE "LUCKY STAR" OF TOLLWOOD". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Child actor Vikram Sahidev elated". deccanchronicle.com. Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- Lanco LIGHT, Foundation. "Sridhar L on Board of Trustees, Lanco LIGHT".
- "Sirisuns Entertainment Info Page". www.tofler.in. www.tofler.in. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Sirisuns Entertainment Company Info". corpdir.in. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- Times of India. "Times of India echos Sridhar's perspectives on his approach to film production".
- India Glitz. "Style to be released with aggressive promotion".
- CineSouth.com. "Lawrence Promotes Latchiyam, Tamil dubbed Telugu Film Style".
- Sify.com. "Viyyala Vari Kayyalu Movie Review".
- "A date with a singing sensation". thehindu.com. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Times of India. "Snehageetham Premiere Show".
- "The presentation of the story is new to Telugu audience". Deccan Chronicle.
- "The return of Ramalakshmi Cine Creations after 2 long years is good with grand Production Values". AP Herald.
- "Suriya's Sikandar movie review". thehansindia.com. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Samantha's Anjaan is Sikander in Telugu". Times of India. 7 June 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Anjaan' is being produced by UTV Pictures and Tirupati Brothers in Tamil and Lagadapati Sirisha-Sreedhar-Linguswamy in Telugu". ragalahari.com. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Best Romantic Film at Jiff 2016". JiffIndia.org. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Well intended film". Idlebrain.com. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Krishnamma Kalipindi Iddarini won Best Romantic film at JIFF 2016". Deccan Chronicle Holdings. 11 January 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Jiff India Home Page". http://www.jiffindia.org. Retrieved 7 January 2016. External link in
- "A date with a singing sensation". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 January 2016.