Stoked (TV series)
Stoked (stylized as Stōked) is a Canadian animated series produced by Fresh TV that premiered on Teletoon on June 25, 2009 and ended on January 26, 2013. It aired on Teletoon in Canada, ABC3 in Australia and on Cartoon Network in the United States. The series is from the same creators as 6teen and the Total Drama series.
|Directed by||Faruk Cemalovic|
|Theme music composer|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company||Fresh TV|
|Original release||June 25, 2009 –|
January 26, 2013
Stoked is a character-driven animated situational comedy about a group of groms who come together one summer on the legendary Surfer's Paradise Hotel in British Columbia to experience the ultimate surfer's dream — the endless summer. Emma, Reef and Fin join locals Broseph, Lo, her brothers George and Ty, and Johnny to work at the world-renowned Surfer's Paradise Ridgemount Resort, stoked to have the best summer of their lives. But instead they find the worst jobs ever, hideous uniforms, zero respect, a run-down staff house, and a tacky, fake, kooksville resort. For twelve weeks, they will spend their first summer away from home and work the hardest that they have ever worked in their lives, but most importantly, they have the opportunity to surf on their days off.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||Canada||June 25, 2009||June 3, 2010|
|Australia||September 2, 2010||October 7, 2010|
|U.S.||July 16, 2009||July 26, 2010|
|2||26||Canada||September 16, 2010||January 26, 2013|
|Australia||March 24, 2011||April 28, 2011|
- Reef: 16 years old, and the new surf instructor of the resort, he has dreamed of going to Sunset Beach all of his life and finally made it. He wiped out once and slammed his jaw into a reef earning his nickname. Reef is voiced by Jeff Geddis.
- Fin McCloud: She is the ultimate surfer girl: tough, fun and laid back. She is totally into girl power, which is something she and Reef argue frequently about. Truthfully, she is crushing on Reef and denies it throughout the whole series. A running gag is her proficiency for belching. Fin is voiced by Katie Crown.
- Emma: She is from Calgary, Alberta, and before coming to Sunset Beach she had never surfed before. She was intent on surfing as soon as she saw a surf movie with her older brothers. Emma is voiced by Kristin Fairlie.
- Broseph: He is a chilled-out local Jamaican surfer, with wisdom that is not seen by many and is a loyal friend. Broseph's voice actor is Mazin Elsadig.
- Lauren "Lo" Ridgemount: She is the daughter of the resort's owner. Lo's life has been being spoiled, but is forced to work at the resort by her father after throwing a massive party. A newcomer to surfing but she is learning from the others. She is voiced by Anastasia Phillips.
- Johnny: He works at the front desk of the hotel. Johnny is voiced by Arnold Pinnock.
- Andrew "Bummer" Baumer: The day manager of the resort, he is stern and strict with the workers below him. He is voiced by Cory Doran.
- Tyler "Ty" Ridgemount: Lo's 17-year-old brother who also surfs. Ty is voiced by Jamie Spilchuk.
- George Ridgemount: Lo and Ty's 10-year-old younger brother. He is voiced by Gage Munroe.
- Grommet: Grommet only appeared in a few episodes. He is Broseph's younger brother and is usually with George, being best friends.
- Ripper: An Australian friend of the group and a soul surfer. Ripper is voiced by Sergio Di Zio.
- "No Pants" Lance: He is another of the returning staff and Ripper's best friend. He is voiced by Cory Doran.
- Kelly: A bossy, selfish, snobbish, and possibly sadistic girl who leads the staff seniors in their harassment and intimidation towards the groms. She is voiced by Lauren Lipson.
- Rosie: She is a 35-year-old maid at Surfer's Paradise. She is voiced by Fiona Reid.
- Snack Shack: An overweight employee at Surfer's Paradise Ridgemount Resort. He works at the "Snack Shack" at the hotel pool. He also works part time at a bakery in Sunset Beach that sells Beaver Tails. He is voiced by Darren Frost.
- Wipeout: Dressed in a purple orca costume, Wipeout poses as the resort's mascot, carrying around a portable stereo and dancing to greet visitors. He is voiced by Sergio Di Zio.
- Mr. Ridgemount: He is the owner of the resort and is the head of the Ridgemount Hotel chain of which Surfer's Paradise is the flagship property. He is voiced by Jamie Watson.
- Mrs. Ridgemount: She is Lo, George, and Ty's mother and a stereotypical trophy wife, although in a mid-life crisis. She is voiced by Emilie-Claire Barlow.
- The Kahuna: He is a very friendly person whose laid back personality resembles that of a flower child. He is voiced by Jamie Watson.
- Mark and Todd Marvin: Twin brothers who are guests at the resort and they are rambunctious children who get on everyone's nerves.
- Mr. & Mrs. Marvin: They are the parents of Mark and Todd, who frequently allow their children to run wild and engage in destructive behavior in the hotel. Voiced by Terry McGurrin and Katie Crown.
- Sonny and Buster: A shark and a yellow tang who are two fish that reside in the Lobbyquarium. Buster is friendly and dimwitted, although he tries to be non-violent, and can have a mean streak. Sonny speaks with a New York accent, and makes bets with other fish in the aquarium.