Stephanie Michelle Seymour (born July 23, 1968) is an American model and actress.
Seymour in 2008
|Born||Stephanie Michelle Seymour
July 23, 1968 
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Tommy Andrews (m. 1989–1990)
Peter Brant (m. 1995)
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Eye color||Blue / Gray|
Born in San Diego, California, the middle child of a California real estate-developer father and hairstylist mother, Seymour started her modeling career working for local newspapers and department stores in her hometown at the age of 16. In 1983, she was a finalist at the inaugural Elite Model Management Look of the Year modeling contest (now called Elite Model Look).
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Seymour appeared in numerous issues of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and on the cover of Vogue as well. During the same period, Seymour was a primary lingerie and hosiery model for the relatively new Victoria's Secret company in its mail-order catalogs and retail stores. In March 1991, and again in February 1993, Seymour posed for Playboy.
In 1998, she wrote Stephanie Seymour's Beauty Secrets for Dummies. She was presented on the November 1999 Millennium cover of American Vogue as one of the "Modern Muses". In 2000, Seymour was ranked #91 on the North American FHM 100 Sexiest Women of 2000 list. In 2006, she appeared in a campaign for Gap with her children.
Salvatore Ferragamo's creative campaign for his fall/winter 2007/2008 collection featured Seymour and Claudia Schiffer, shot on location in Italy with Mario Testino. In the promotional photos, the supermodels play film stars protected by bodyguards and pursued by the paparazzi. Seymour was joined by other fellow supermodels Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Linda Evangelista, Daria Werbowy, Christy Turlington, and Amber Valletta for the September 2013 issue of Interview Magazine titled "Model".
Seymour co-founded and launched the lingerie line Raven & Sparrow, in 2017. The line features high end vintage inspired pieces designed for comfort, ranging from camisoles and rompers to silk robes and nightgowns. It is available exclusively at Barney's New York.
Seymour's first acting role was as explosives expert Cynna Stone in the video game Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller. She played the unusual part of a live actor in a game whose characters and scenery were nearly all CG renders.
At the age of 16, she began dating 42 year old John Casablancas, the head of Elite Model Management, who was, at the time, married to model Jeanette Christiansen. The couple lived together before Seymour broke off the relationship.
By mid-1991 she had become involved with Axl Rose, the lead singer of Guns N' Roses. She appeared in three music videos by Guns N' Roses: "Don't Cry", "November Rain", and "Estranged". The couple broke up in February 1993.
Shortly after her break up with Rose, Seymour began dating billionaire Peter Brant, who was married and the father of five children. Brant is a publisher, real estate developer and art collector. She gave birth to the couple's first son (her second), Peter II, in December 1993. Seymour and Brant married in July 1995 in Paris, France. Seymour gave birth to their second son, Harry, in 1996 and to their third child, daughter Lily Margaret, in 2004. In March 2009, Seymour filed for divorce from Brant after almost 14 years of marriage. The couple reconciled in 2010.
|1994||Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller||Cynna Stone|
|2002||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Sara Lindstrom||Episode: "Crazy"|
- "Stephanie Seymour: Model Profile". nymag.com. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- "Stephanie Seymour". People.com. 1994-05-09. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- "Stephanie Seymour Biography". nymag.com. Retrieved 2008-08-03.
- "Beauty Secrets for Dummies". amazon.com. Retrieved 2008-08-03.
- "Mother's Day Is for Moms, So Pamper Yourself!". Business Wire. 1999-05-07. Retrieved 2008-08-03.
- Lee, Helen (April 11, 2007). "Vogue's 'World's Next Top Models' cover". SassyBella.com. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Common and a Star Studded cast Rock 'Peace Love Gap' In Gap's New Holiday Marketing Campaign". gapinc.com. Archived from the original on August 26, 2008. Retrieved August 3, 2008.
- "javno.com". Javno – Lifestyle. Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved July 15, 2007.
- "Interview Magazine – The Model Issue featuring 7 Supermodels on 7 Covers". Freshness Mag. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- "Stephanie Seymour is Estée Lauder's Newest Face". Harper's BAZAAR. 2014-02-05. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- Fuller, Gillian. "Stephanie Seymour's New Lingerie Line Is Both Sexy AND Comfortable". Allure. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- Gross, Michael (2003). Model: The Ugly Business of Beautiful Women. HarperCollins. pp. 449, 452, 456. ISBN 0-06-054163-6.
- The Daily Mail: "Now she's just showing off!" By Sophia Charalambous and Shyam Dodge December 28, 2013
- Gross, Michael (2003). Model: The Ugly Business of Beautiful Women. HarperCollins. pp. 456–457. ISBN 0-06-054163-6.
- Dumenco, Simon (2007-06-11). "A Celeb-Loving Mag Out of Sync With a Celeb-Loving Culture". adage.com. Retrieved 2008-08-03.
- "Stephanie Seymour's 'tough' divorce". lifestyle.sg.msn.com. 2009-05-07. Retrieved 2009-05-08.[permanent dead link]