State Ethnic Affairs Commission
The National Ethnic Affairs Commission of the People's Republic of China (NEAC; formerly translated as State Ethnic Affairs Commission, SEAC) is a de jure cabinet-level executive department of the State Council of the People's Republic of China and responsible for relations between the Central Government and ethnic minorities in China. In 2018, the NEAC was officially placed under the direct leadership of the United Front Work Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó Guójiā Mínzú Shìwù Wěiyuánhuì
|Type||Constituent Department of the State Council (cabinet-level executive department)|
|Jurisdiction||People's Republic of China|
|Parent agency||State Council of the People's Republic of China (de jure)|
United Front Work Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (de facto)
|State Ethnic Affairs Commission|
|Literal meaning||National Ethnic Affairs Commission of the People's Republic of China|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Literal meaning||National Ethnic-Commission|
|Zhuang||Cunghvaz Yinzminz Gunghozgoz Guekgya Minzcuz Swvu Veijyenzvei|
|Uyghur||جۇڭخۇا خەلق جۇمھۇرىيتى دۆلەت مىللەت ئىشلىرى كومىتېتى|
List of MinistersEdit
|No.||Name||Ethnicity||Took office||Left office|
|1||Li Weihan (李维汉)||Han||October 1949||September 1954|
|2||Ulanhu (乌兰夫)||Mongol||September 1954||January 1975|
|3||Yang Jingren (杨静仁)||Hui||March 1978||January 1986|
|4||Ismail Amat (司马义·艾买提)||Uyghur||January 1986||March 1998|
|5||Li Dezhu (李德洙)||Korean||March 1998||March 2008|
|6||Yang Jing (杨晶)||Mongol||March 2008||16 March 2013|
|7||Wang Zhengwei (王正伟)||Hui||16 March 2013||28 April 2016|
|8||Bagatur (巴特尔)||Mongol||28 April 2016||14 December 2020|
|9||Chen Xiaojiang (陈小江)||Han||14 December 2020||-|
- United Front Work Department (Communist Party of China)
- National People's Congress Ethnic Affairs Committee
- State Administration for Religious Affairs (State Council)
Similar government agenciesEdit
- Joske, Alex (May 9, 2019). "Reorganizing the United Front Work Department: New Structures for a New Era of Diaspora and Religious Affairs Work". Jamestown Foundation. Archived from the original on July 21, 2019. Retrieved July 27, 2019.
- Zhao, Taotao; Leibold, James (October 13, 2019). "Ethnic Governance under Xi Jinping: The Centrality of the United Front Work Department & Its Implications". Journal of Contemporary China. 29 (124): 487–502. doi:10.1080/10670564.2019.1677359. ISSN 1067-0564. S2CID 211427737.
- "Chen Xiaojiang was appointed Secretary of the Party Leadership Group of the National Ethnic Affairs Commission". National Ethnic Affairs Commission (in Chinese). December 14, 2020. Retrieved December 16, 2020.
- Lew, Linda (December 19, 2020). "China puts Han official in charge of ethnic minority affairs as Beijing steps up push for integration". South China Morning Post. Retrieved December 22, 2020.