Stadel bei Niederglatt
|• Mayor||Peter Bernhard|
|• Total||12.89 km2 (4.98 sq mi)|
|Elevation||436 m (1,430 ft)|
|• Density||180/km2 (460/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (Central European Time)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (Central European Summer Time)|
|Localities||Stadel, Windlach, Raat, Schüpfheim|
|Surrounded by||Glattfelden, Hochfelden, Neerach, Bachs, Weiach|
Stadel has an area of 12.9 km2 (5.0 sq mi). Of this area, 58.8% is used for agricultural purposes, while 30.4% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 10.2% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (0.5%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).
To distinguish between several places having the same name, this one is suffixed by the addition of bei Niederglatt (German: near Niederglatt). Besides the village of Stadel the municipality comprises the three hamlets Windlach, Raat, and Schüpfheim.
Stadel has a population (as of 31 December 2020) of 2,336. As of 2007[update], 10.5% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 21.8%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (93.7%), with English being second most common ( 1.2%) and French being third ( 0.6%).
The age distribution of the population (as of 2000[update]) is children and teenagers (0–19 years old) make up 23.1% of the population, while adults (20–64 years old) make up 63% and seniors (over 64 years old) make up 14%. In Stadel about 80.3% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule).
Stadel has an unemployment rate of 1.52%. As of 2005[update], there were 132 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 44 businesses involved in this sector. 80 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 25 businesses in this sector. 253 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 43 businesses in this sector.
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- "Ständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeitskategorie Geschlecht und Gemeinde; Provisorische Jahresergebnisse; 2018". Federal Statistical Office. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 04-Aug-2009
- "Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit". bfs.admin.ch (in German). Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB. 31 December 2020. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- Official communal web-site of Stadel (in German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stadel bei Niederglatt.|