Sripat Singh College
Sripat Singh College, established in 1949, is a college in Jiaganj, in Murshidabad district, in the state of West Bengal in India. It offers undergraduate courses in arts and sciences and postgraduate course in Bengali only. It is affiliated to University of Kalyani.
(Postgraduate: only Bengali)
|Established||1 August 1949|
|Principal||Dr. Shamsuzzaman Ahmed|
|Affiliations||University of Kalyani|
The Jain Sitamber Zamindar of Jiaganj, Sripat Singh Dugar decided to establish a College for higher education in the oldest municipality of Murshidabad district. In April, 1949, he gifted magnificent palatial out-house at Jiaganj with a donation of Rs. 75000 to fulfill his dream which is now Sripat Singh College. On 1 May 1949 the college was affiliated with the University of Calcutta, and on 1 August 1949 it began its journey as a co-educational intermediate College, and from 1 July 1954, as a government sponsored co-educational Degree College.
|Principals of Sripat Singh College|
- Environmental Science(Hons)
- Molecular Biology & Biotechnology(Hons)
- Molecular Biology (Gen)
- Computer Science(Gen)
- Political Science(Hons/Gen)
- Physical Education(Gen)
Sripat Singh College Post OfficeEdit
In premises donated by Sripat Singh Dugar and within the college compound there is a regular Sub Post Office named after the college-Sripat Singh College B.O. with all sorts of facilities including telephone service as P.C.O., except the Savings Bank.
Banking facility in Sripat Singh CollegeEdit
- Colleges in West Bengal, University Grants Commission
- "Affiliated College of University of Kalyani". Archived from the original on 1 March 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 March 2014. Retrieved 5 March 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)