The Union of South Africa competed at the 1948 Summer Olympics in London, England. 35 competitors, 34 men and 1 woman, took part in 34 events in 10 sports.
|South Africa at the|
1948 Summer Olympics
|NOC||South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||35 (34 men, 1 woman) in 10 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
- Gerald Dreyer — Boxing, Men's Lightweight
- George Hunter — Boxing, Men's Light Heavyweight
- Dennis Shepherd — Boxing, Men's Featherweight
- John Arthur — Boxing, Men's Heavyweight
Three cyclists, all men, represented South Africa in 1948.
South Africa had five male rowers participate in two out of seven rowing events in 1948.
- ^ "South Africa at the 1948 London Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- ^ Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "South Africa Rowing at the 1948 London Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2018.