|• Total||16.46 km2 (6.36 sq mi)|
|Elevation||453 m (1,486 ft)|
|• Density||22/km2 (58/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (Central European Time)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (Central European Summer Time)|
|Surrounded by||Bauen, Bürglen, Flüelen, Morschach (SZ), Riemenstalden (SZ), Seelisberg|
Sisikon has an area, as of 2006[update], of 16.3 km2 (6.3 sq mi). Of this area, 30.9% is used for agricultural purposes, while 44% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 1.2% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (23.8%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains). In the 1993/97 land survey[update], 36.5% of the total land area was heavily forested, while 4.1% is covered in small trees and shrubbery. Of the agricultural land, 0.2% is used for farming or pastures, while 4.5% is used for orchards or vine crops and 26.3% is used for alpine pastures. Of the settled areas, 0.4% is covered with buildings, 0.2% is listed as parks and greenbelts and 0.6% is transportation infrastructure. Of the unproductive areas, 0.4% is unproductive standing water (ponds or lakes), 0.2% is unproductive flowing water (rivers), 7.7% is too rocky for vegetation, and 15.5% is other unproductive land.
Sisikon has a population (as of 31 December 2019) of 383. As of 2007[update], 6.8% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has decreased at a rate of -2.8%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (96.0%), with Italian being second most common ( 1.4%) and Serbo-Croatian being third ( 1.1%). As of 2007[update] the gender distribution of the population was 51.8% male and 48.2% female.
Sisikon has an unemployment rate of 0.36%. As of 2005[update], there were 24 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 12 businesses involved in this sector. 11 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 4 businesses in this sector. 90 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 16 businesses in this sector.
The historical population is given in the following table:
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- "Ständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeitskategorie Geschlecht und Gemeinde; Provisorische Jahresergebnisse; 2018". Federal Statistical Office. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 09-Sep-2009
- Canton Uri - Ground use statistics (in German) accessed 8 September 2009
- "Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit". bfs.admin.ch (in German). Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB. 31 December 2019. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- Uri Population statistics (in German) accessed 8 September 2009
- Uri in Numbers 2009/10 edition (in German) accessed 8 September 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sisikon.|