Guri in the Europa League in 2016.
|Full name||Sindrit Guri|
|Date of birth||23 October 1993|
|Place of birth||Shkodër, Albania|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|2013–2014||→ Besa Kavajë (loan)||27||(1)|
|2014–2015||→ Kastrioti Krujë (loan)||11||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 October 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 29 May 2018
Guri first joined local side Vllaznia Shkodër in 2005 at the age of 12, where he played for the academy side at different age groups before being promoted to the first team during the 2011–12 season, where he made his professional debut in an Albanian Superliga match against Apolonia Fier on 19 November 2011, coming on as a late substitute for Xhevahir Sukaj in the 4–1 away win. He went on to make 9 league and 2 cup appearances under Rudi Vata during his debut season, as his side finished mid table in the league and reached the quarter finals of the Albanian Cup.
On 7 July, in the second leg of 2016–17 UEFA Europa League first qualifying round against Rudar Pljevlja, Guri made his Kukësi debut as well as his European debut by coming on as a second-half substitute and scored the winner in the 79th minute, helping the team to win 1–0 and to progress to the second round with the aggregate 2–1.
Guri become Kukësi's first striker for the 2017–18 season following the departure of Pero Pejić and Izair Emini. He made his UEFA Champions League debut on 12 July in the first leg of second qualifying round versus Sheriff Tiraspol as Kukësi lost 0–1. He also played in the returning leg at Elbasan Arena as Kukësi won 2–1 but was eliminated on away goal rule.
Guri begun the domestic season on 6 September by playing in the 2017 Albanian Supercup against Tirana as Kukësi lost 0–1 at Selman Stërmasi Stadium. He scored his first goals of the season in form of a brace in the 4–0 home win over Egnatia in the first leg of 2017–18 Albanian Cup first round. Guri's first league goal came on matchday 5 at newbie Lushnja, netting the opener with a shot from 25 yards as Kukësi won 2–0. He added another two at cup as Kukësi won 4–1 at Erzeni in the first leg of second round.
Guri enjoyed a fine form in 2018, notably netting in each leg of cup's quarter-final as Kukësi saw off Tirana to progress to semi-finals; he reached double-figures in the process. This was followed by a brace in the league encounter versus Partizani Tirana, including one in the 96th minute as Kukësi won 3–1 to continue their battle for the second position. His performances were rewarded as he was named Albanian Superliga Player of the Month for February 2018.
On 8 April, Guri confirmed that he would leave Kukësi at the end of 2017–18 season with the aim of playing with a top league club. Six days later, he scored three goals, including a free-kick, in the 4–0 home win over third-placed team Partizani Tirana, recording his first top flight hat-trick. He also reached the 20-goal landmark and also become the first player to score a hat-trick versus capital club since Skerdi Bejzade in 2004. Later that month, he scored a second-half winner against Skënderbeu Korçë to give Kukësi the first win at the opposition turf since September 2013. His performances earned him another Player of the Month award, becoming the first player in history to win in twice in a season.
On the final day of the season, Guri scored a free-kick in the 2–2 home draw versus Flamurtari Vlorë to finish the season with 21 goals from 34 appearances, one goal short from winning the Golden Boot. He also scored 7 goals in Albanian Cup, finishing it as top scorer jointly with Laçi's Redon Xhixha.
On 15 May 2018, it was announced that Guri would join K.V. Oostende of Belgian First Division A, on a three-year contract starting from 1 July. Kukësi earned €710,000 from the transfer and also retained part ownership. Guri however joined the team in mid-June and scored a brace in his first match for his new side.
He made his official debut for the team on 28 July in the opening match of championship versus Royal Excel Mouscron, setting up the first goal in an eventual 2–1 home win. Guri's first goal came in his second appearance for the club on 5 August, netting in the second half of the 5–2 loss to Anderlecht.
Guri was called up to the Albania U19 side for the 2012 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualification. He made his debut on 5 October 2011 in the 1–0 defeat to Denmark, where he played for 57 minutes. He went on to play the remaining two matches as Albania finished the Group 12 in the third position, failing to secure a spot for 2012 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.
On 21 May 2018, following a good run on club level, Guri received his first senior call-up by manager Christian Panucci for the friendlies against Kosovo and Ukraine. He started the game against Kosovo, thus earning his first senior cap, making a good overall performance for around 70 minutes before making place for defender Mërgim Mavraj.
Style of playEdit
|Vllaznia Shkodër||2011–12||Albanian Superliga||9||0||2||0||—||11||0|
|Besa Kavajë||2013–14||Albanian Superliga||27||1||0||0||—||27||1|
|Kastrioti Krujë||2014–15||Albanian First Division||11||0||2||0||—||13||0|
|Vllaznia Shkodër||2014–15||Albanian Superliga||7||0||0||0||—||7||0|
|Korabi Peshkopi||2015–16||Albanian First Division||27||20||0||0||—||27||20|
|Oostende||2018–19||Belgian First Division A||30||3||0||0||—||30||3|
- As of 29 May 2018
- "Albania - S. Guri - Profile with news, career statistics and history". Soccerway. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- "Apolona Fier vs. Vllaznia Shkodër 1 – 4". Soccerway. 19 November 2011. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Zyrtare, Sidrit Guri firmos me Kukësin" [Official, Sindrit Guri signs with Kukësi] (in Albanian). Minuta90.com. 7 June 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- "Sidrit Guri përforcimi i parë për Kukësin" [Sindrit Guri the first reinforcement for Kukësi] (in Albanian). Newsport.al. 8 June 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- Rinald Bregasi (8 June 2016). "E. League, Kukësi në raundin e 2-të eliminator, eliminon Rudarin" [E. League, Kukësi in the 2nd qualifying round, eliminates Rudar] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Archived from the original on 7 August 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- Rinald Bregasi (25 August 2017). "Kamza synon t'i "rrëmbejë" Kukësit Sindrit Gurin" [Kamza aims to “steal” Sindrit Guri from Kukësi] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Sheriff vs. Kukësi 1 – 0". Soccerway. 12 July 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Kukësi i pafat, e eliminojnë shtyllat dhe penalltia e humbur e Pejiç (Video)" [Kukësi unlucky, posts and the missed penalty by Pejić eliminates them] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 19 July 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "Finalja e Superkupës, Tirana godet në fund" [Supercup final, Tirana strikes at the end] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 6 September 2017. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- "Kukësi vs. Egnatia Rrogozhinë 4 – 0". Soccerway. 27 September 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Kamza pushton Gjirokastrën, Kukësi prish festën e Lushnjes, paqe në Shkodër" [Kamza invades Gjirokastra, Kukësi ruins Lushnja's celebration, peace at Shkodër] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 12 October 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "Erzeni Shijak vs. Kukësi 1 – 4". Soccerway. 29 November 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Kukësi eliminon Tiranën nga Kupa e Shqipërisë. Kualifikohet Laçi" [Kukësi eliminated Tirana from Albanian Cup, Laçi qualifies] (in Albanian). Gazeta Shqiptare. 14 February 2018. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "Futboll, Kukësi mund 3-1 Partizanin në kryeqytet" [Football, Kukësi defeats Partizani 3-1 at capital] (in Albanian). Radio Televizioni Shqiptar. 20 February 2018. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- "Muaji i Gurit, çmim për sulmuesin shkodran" [Guri's month, an award for the striker from Shkodra] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 3 March 2018. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- "Guri e pranon: Në fund të sezonit do largohem nga Kukësi, ja ku më pëlqen të luaj" [Guri accepts: I'll leave Kukësi at the end of the season, here's where I want to play] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 8 April 2018. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "Kukësi shpartallon Partizanin dhe arratiset i dyti, Guri superstar" [Kukësi winnows Partizani and escapes second, Guri superstar] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 14 April 2018. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "Besa Kavajë vs. Partizani Tirana 3 – 4". Soccerway. 14 May 2004. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- ""Perlë" e Gurit, Kukësi i shtyn festën e titullit Skënderbeut" [Guri's “Pearl”, Kukësi delays Skënderbeu's title celebration] (in Albanian). Bota Sot. 30 April 2018. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- "Askush si Guri, dy herë "Lojtari i Muajit"" [Nobody like Guri, two times “Player of the Month”] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 9 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Lotë dhe falenderime, Guri ndahet nga Kukësi me ceremoni" [Tears and thanks, Guri separate with Kukësi with ceremony] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 23 May 2018. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "ZYTRARE/ Guri në Belgjikë, zyrtarizohet kontrata për tri vite. Fjalët e para si sulmues i Ostendes" [OFFICIAL/ Guri at Belgium, three-year contract formalized. The first words as Oostende striker] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 15 May 2018. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- Skerdilaid Sulozeqi (18 May 2018). "Ekskluzive/ Haris Fakiç dhe 4 lojtarë të Skënderbeut, afër Kukësit" [Exclusive/ Haris Fakić and 4 Skënderbeu players, near Kukësi] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Sindrit Guri "bën ligjin" në Belgjikë, dy gola në ndeshjen e parë me Ostenden" [Sindrit Guri “makes the law” in Belgium, two goals in the first match with Oostende] (in Albanian). BalkanWeb.com. 28 June 2018. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- Erjon Halili (29 July 2018). "Guri debuton me asist në kampionatin belg" [Guri debutes with assist in the Belgian championship] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Johan Walckiers (5 August 2018). "Ongelooflijk: Santigol en Dimata verpulveren Oostende, dodelijk duo zit aan 9 (!) in twee matchen" [Unbelievable: Santigol and Dimata pulverize Oostende, deadly duo is 9 (!) in two matches] (in Dutch). Voetbalkrant.com. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Denmark U19 vs. Albania U19 1 – 0". Soccerway. 5 October 2011. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- "TRAJNERI CHRISTIAN PANUCCI SHPALL LISTËN E LOJTARËVE PËR NDESHJET MIQËSORE ME KOSOVËN DHE UKRAINËN" [Manager Christian Panucci announces the list of players for the friendlies with Kosovo and Ukraine] (in Albanian). FSHF.org. 21 May 2018. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- Erjon Halili (29 May 2018). "Kosova leksion futbolli Shqipërisë, eksperimentet e Panuccit dështojnë sërish" [Kosovo football lecture to Albania, Panucci's experiments fail again] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Mister Panuçi, tani bëje zemrën "Gur"-i!" [Sir Panucci , now “rock” your heart!] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 14 April 2018. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "EKSKLUZIVE/ Bufon dhe Mesi, goleadori Guri: Ju tregoj sekretet" [EXCLUSIVE/ Buffon and Messi, goalscorer Guri: I show the secrets] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 16 April 2018. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "Football : Sindri Guri". Football Database. 9 July 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- "Sindrit Guri - national football team player". EU-Football.info. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sindrit Guri.|