Shoufeng Township is a rural township in Hualien County, Taiwan. The township sits in the north segment of Huadong Valley between Taiwan's Central Range and Hai'an Range near the Pacific Ocean. The township is best known as the location of National Dong Hwa University (NDHU), a university and famous tourist attraction in East Taiwan.
Rice Paddy with the Coastal Mountain Range in the background
Shoufeng Township in Hualien County
|Location||Hualien County, Taiwan|
|• Total||218 km2 (84 sq mi)|
|• Density||83/km2 (210/sq mi)|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Shòufēng Xiāng|
A large part of the township is located centered on the Huadong Valley north of where the Shoufeng River empties into the Hualian River. The township extends eastward over the Hai'an Range to the Pacific Ocean in the east.
The township comprises 15 villages: Chinan, Fengli, Fengping, Fengshan, Gonghe, Guangrong, Mizhan, Pinghe, Shoufeng, Shuhu, Shuilian, Xikou, Yanliao, Yuemei and Zhixue.
It has 18,237 inhabitants in 7,016 households.
Highways in Shoufeng include:
- Provincial Highway 9, a north-south route through the Huadong Valley
- Provincial Highway 9C, (9丙), a north-south alternative route to PH 9
- Provincial Highway 11, a north-south route along the Pacific coast
- Provincial Highway 11C (11丙), a north-south route connecting National Dong Hwa University with PH 9 and PH 11.
- County Road 193, along the east bank of the Hualian River
- Sing ‘Olam. 阿美語簡明詞典(學生版) O Citing no Pangcah. Taipei: 臺灣族群母語推行委員會, 2011. ISBN 9789868693630
- 臺灣地區鄉鎮市區級以上行政區域名稱中英對照表 Glossary of Names for Administrative Divisions. Ministry of the Interior. 26 March Minguo 104 (2015). Retrieved 5 November 2017. ‹See Tfd›(in Chinese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shoufeng Township, Hualien County.|
- Hualien Shoufeng Township ‹See Tfd›(in Chinese)
- East Rift Valley National Scenic Area
- East Coast National Scenic Area
- Hualien Ocean Park
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|