|Full name||Shinichi Fukushima|
|Born||September 13, 1971|
Nagano Prefecture, Japan
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||62 kg (137 lb; 9.8 st)|
|2002||Marlux ville de Charleroi–TT2|
|2006||Cycle Racing Team Vang|
|2010||Geumsan Ginseng Asia|
|2011–2012||Terengganu Cycling Team|
|2013||Team Nippo–De Rosa|
|2014–2015||Team La Pomme Marseille 13|
|National Road Race Championships (2003)|
Tour of Japan (2004)
National Time Trial Championships (2010)
Born in Nagano Prefecture, Fukushima started cycling at Shinshu University and practised road racing in the Netherlands before becoming professional with Team Bridgestone Anchor in 1996. He has competed around the world, winning races in both Asia and Europe. He became national champion in 2003 and became the first and still only Japanese to win the overall classification at the Tour of Japan in 2004. He won the overall at the 2005 Tour of Siam and became only the third Asian to win a stage at the Tour de Langkawi in 2007, where he also won the blue jersey as the best Asian rider in 2008.
With his brother Koji Fukushima, also a professional cyclist, he has been involved in the development of young riders, in part by starting the development team Bonne Chance, with the help of Daihatsu, where their father works. In 2010, at the age of 38 and even after suffering a tire puncture, Fukushima won the Japanese National Road Racing Time Trial Championship with a course record.
In October 2013, Fukushima announced that he would retire at the end of the season.
- 3rd Tour de Okinawa
- 2nd Prix d'Armorique
- 1st Stage 5 Tour of Japan
- 2nd Men's Madison Asian Games
- 3rd Overall Circuit de Saône-et-Loire
- 1st Road race, National Road Championships
- 1st Stage 4 Tour de Hokkaido
- 1st Overall Tour of Japan
- 1st GP Saint-Etienne Loire
- 1st Stage 2 Tour of Serbia
- 2nd Overall Tour of China
- 2nd Tour de Okinawa
- 3rd Overall Circuit des Ardennes
- 1st Stage 1
- 1st Overall Tour of Siam
- 1st Stage 3
- 1st Stage 1 Vuelta Ciclista a León
- 2nd Road race, Asian Road Championships
- 2nd Overall Tour of Siam
- 1st Stage 1
- 3rd Flèche Hesbignonne Cras Avernas
- 3rd Châteauroux Classic
- 1st Stage 7 Tour de Langkawi
- 2nd Overall Tour de Korea
- 1st Stage 1
- 1st Stage 3 Tour of Japan
- 2nd Kumamoto International Road Race
- 3rd Overall Tour de Okinawa
- 1st Time trial, National Road Championships
- 1st Overall Tour de Okinawa
- 1st Stage 2
- 3rd Overall Tour de Kumano
- 1st Overall Tour de Brunei
- Tour d'Indonesia
- 1st Stages 8 & 10
- 1st Stage 5 Tour de Taiwan
- Jelajah Malaysia
- 1st Stages 1 & 6
- "Ciclismo: Kuboki alla Nippo Vini Fantini". Rete8 (in Italian). 20 October 2015. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- "14th Tour of Japan". Tour of Japan official site. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- "Langkawi 7: Fukushims Breaks Through". BikeRadar.com. 8 February 2007. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- "Le Tour de Langkawi 2008 – Final G.C. & Photo Gallery". Daily Peloton. 18 February 2008. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- "Brothers in Arm Warmers". CyclingNews.com. 11 February 2008. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- Tsuji, Kei (13 June 2010). "Panku o kokufukushite no kōsu rekōdo". Cyclowired (in Japanese). Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- "福島晋一が今季限りの引退を表明". Cyclowired. Retrieved 7 October 2013.