Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist (下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai), officially abbreviated as Shimoseka (下セカ) in Japan, is a Japanese light novel series written by Hirotaka Akagi and illustrated by Eito Shimotsuki. Shogakukan has published nine volumes since July 2012 under their Gagaga Bunko imprint. A manga adaptation titled Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: Man**-hen[n 1] (下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 マン●篇) with art by N' Yuzuki began serialization in Mag Garden's shōnen manga magazine Monthly Comic Blade from May 2014. An anime television series adaptation by J.C.Staff aired from July 2015 to September 2015. Shimoneta (下ネタ) is a Japanese word for "vulgar slang" or "dirty joke," "blue joke," "erotic topic."
|Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist|
First light novel volume cover
(Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai)
|Genre||Action, Comedy, Dystopia, Romance|
|Written by||Hirotaka Akagi|
|Illustrated by||Eito Shimotsuki|
|Original run||July 2012 – February 18, 2016|
|Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: Man**-hen|
|Written by||Hirotaka Akagi|
|Illustrated by||N' Yuzuki|
|Published by||Mag Garden|
|Magazine||Monthly Comic Blade|
|Original run||May 2014 – March 2016|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Youhei Suzuki|
|Written by||Masahiro Yokotani|
|Music by||Akiyuki Tateyama|
|Original network||AT-X, Tokyo MX, KBS, CTC, tvk, SUN, TVA, BS11|
|Original run||July 4, 2015 – September 19, 2015|
In a dystopian future, the Japanese government is cracking down on any perceived immoral activity from using risqué language to distributing lewd materials in the country, to the point where all citizens are forced to wear high-tech devices called Peace Makers (PM) at all times that analyse every spoken word and hand motions for any action that could break the law. A new high school student named Tanukichi Okuma enters the country's leading elite "public morals school" to reunite with his crush and student council President, Anna Nishikinomiya. However, Tanukichi quickly finds himself entwined with the perverted terrorist "Blue Snow" ("Tundra's Blue" in some translations) when she kidnaps and forces him to join her organisation, "SOX," in creating and spreading pornographic material across the city as a form of protest against the regulations.
- Tanukichi Okuma (奥間 狸吉 Okuma Tanukichi)
- Voiced by: Yūsuke Kobayashi (Japanese); Josh Grelle (English)
- The protagonist of the story, Anna's childhood friend, and the son of an infamous dirty-joke terrorist named Zenjuro who was arrested by moral authorities years ago after trying to spread condoms around the Diet building in defiance of the moral laws. Tanukichi graduated from a public intermediate school with the "lowest morals score" according to his classmates. He finds himself constantly torn between keeping the secret of Ayame's alter-ego as a lewd terrorist and turning her in to the authorities to win Anna's favour. He is understood to have a knowledge of all things considered sexual and/or vulgar, obtained from and encouraged by his father during childhood. It is also implied that due to his upbringing, he finds the lewd activities to be quite stimulating to some extent, though he denies it. Over time, he starts to develop romantic feelings for Ayame despite not approving of her habit of saying innuendos constantly.
- Ayame Kajou (華城 綾女 Kajō Ayame) / Blue Snow (雪原の青 Setsugen no Ao, lit. "Blue of the Snowfield")
- Voiced by: Shizuka Ishigami (Japanese); Jamie Marchi (English)
- The vice-president of the Student Council and daughter of a disgraced former Diet member who unsuccessfully fought against the public morality laws. Ayame secretly acts outside of school as the perverted terrorist "Blue Snow," wearing panties over her face, spreading semi-pornographic leaflets, and shouting dirty jokes in defiance of the Japanese moral authorities. After kidnapping Tanukichi, she decides to form the group SOX with him and expand her activities to include the school and beyond. Her father taught her a code she can use on her mobile phone that disables the collars and PMs she wears for 3 minutes per day allowing her to freely say or do any lewd things during the time. Later on, it is shown that she might have developed romantic feelings for Tanukichi as she starts to act shy when the two of them are alone.
- Otome Saotome (早乙女 乙女 Saotome Otome)
- Voiced by: Satomi Arai (Japanese); Brittney Karbowski (English)
- An artistic prodigy whose paintings have won awards and are even displayed throughout the school, though she seems bored by the attention. After inadvertently discovering Tanukichi changing out of a Blue Snow costume, she blackmails him into being her "pet" for a while, and later joins SOX in order to learn how to draw explicit artwork after being educated on the subject by Ayame. Because the PMs she wears detects any lewd movement her hands make, she instead taught herself to draw by holding tools with her mouth to avoid her PM's sensors. She has an unrequited crush on Anna.
- Kosuri Onigashira (鬼頭 鼓修理 Onigashira Kosuri)
- Voiced by: Yui Horie (Japanese); Lara Woodhull (English)
- The daughter of Keisuke and a fangirl of SOX who carries multiple weapons (such as air guns and electric stuns) with her and uses tactics she learned from romantic and shoujo manga to manipulate people, even her allies. Ayame lets her join in partly because her hairstyle looks similar to the tip of a penis. At first, she became upset that SOX was not being aggressive enough with their tactics, and momentarily defected to Takuma's organization under the presumption that he was more dramatic with his approach against the Japanese authorities. She went back to SOX after finding out it was nothing more than an elaborate cover for him to pursue his fetish. She is currently pretending to be Tanukichi's sister while hiding out at his apartment.
- Hyouka Fuwa (不破 氷菓 Fuwa Hyōka)
- Voiced by: Saori Gotō (Japanese); Mikaela Krantz (English)
- A budding scientist and classmate of Tanukichi who is obsessed with solving the mystery behind how babies are truly conceived, as the Japanese moral authorities have censored everything pertaining to sex education beyond vague generalities. She even went so far as to constantly visit gynecology clinics and hospitals in order to learn more until she was banned from visiting them. Often collects insects to study their reproductive habits. She has a very sharp sense of observation, able to deduce Kosuri's manipulative tactics, tell a fake gun from a real one, and convincing Oboro that her yaoi comics have an educational value through Oboro's restrictive mannerisms. She believes Tanukichi may hold the answers to her questions due to his knowledge of sexual terms and pesters him constantly to reveal what he knows about pregnancy to her. Though not officially a member of SOX, she helps them out from time to time because she is aware (to some degree) of the identities of its members.
- Anna Nishikinomiya (アンナ・錦ノ宮 Anna Nishikinomiya)
- Voiced by: Miyu Matsuki (Japanese); Monica Rial (English)
- Student Council president and Tanukichi's childhood crush who has tasked him with hunting down "Blue Snow" before she can endanger the morals of the school. After being accidentally kissed by Tanukichi, she develops an obsessive love for him but due to lack of knowledge on "immoral" subjects she ends up expressing her love in extreme tendencies. These include pursuing him relentlessly and attempting to rape him, endangering Kosuri and Ayame when she sees them with Tanukichi, making Tanikuchi eat her "love nectar" while simultaneously trying to obtain his, and becoming far more harsh and strict on her surveillance, believing that by doing "justice" and "good things" she will be loved by him. She exhibits extreme amounts of strength and dexterity, especially when angered or motivated.
- Raiki Gouriki (轟力 雷樹 Gōriki Raiki)
- Voiced by: Kenta Miyake (Japanese); David Wald (English)
- Treasurer of the Student Council with a posture and demeanor similar to that of a gorilla, though he hates bananas. He initially distrusted Tanukichi upon learning that he is Zenjuro's son but later comes to respect him and care for his well-being after Tanukichi saved Anna from stalkers that attacked which left him hospitalised.
- Matsukage Nishikinomiya (錦ノ宮 祠影 Nishikinomiya Matsukage)
- Voiced by: Hajime Iijima (Japanese); Ben Bryant (English)
- Anna's father and a National Diet member who was the driving force behind the original public morals laws that turned Japan into a "highly moral society." Uses the excuse of protecting morality to exert his control over the whole country.
- Sophia Nishikinomiya (ソフィア・錦ノ宮 Sofia Nishikinomiya)
- Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara (Japanese); Lydia Mackay (English)
- Anna's mother who is behind a push for even-stricter public morality laws than the currently enacted ones, in order to create an ideal world that poses virtually no threat to Anna's chastity.
- Oboro Tsukimigusa (月見草 朧 Tsukimigusa Oboro)
- Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka (Japanese); Megan Vanderpluym (English)
- A seemingly female school Prefect trained by Matsukage to adhere to a strict moral code that mostly revolves around protecting Anna from all potentially immoral influences, including mundane items like basketball hoops and toilet paper rolls. Oboro even has this codified under "Five Provisions," which includes the caveat that Oboro cannot interfere if Anna herself exhibits lewd behavior or desires. Surprisingly quick to change position on what is considered "illegal" material when a student protests strongly enough. Tanukichi later discovers that Oboro is biologically male, though Oboro insists that their gender is whatever the assignment requires.
- Keisuke Onigashira (鬼頭 慶介 Onigashira Keisuke)
- Father of Kosuri; ero-terrorist who made deals with the moral authorities, angering the other terrorist groups around Japan, as well as his own daughter.
- Takuma Ichinose (一ノ瀬 琢磨 Ichinose Takuma) / White Peak (頂の白 Itadaki no Shiro, lit. "White of the Top")
- Voiced by: Ken Narita (Japanese); Anthony Bowling (English)
- Ero-terrorist who wraps himself in panties and is obsessed with underwear, having his own concepts of what is considered the best type of underwear. A "high-class pervert" who leads the group "Gathered Fabric" to steal all kinds of undergarments across Japan, he ends up clashing against SOX because Ayame believes him to be ruining the group's reputation by performing terrorist acts such as hijacking public transportation under the claim that Gathered Fabric is an ally of SOX. Ayame eventually confronts him saying that she only wants to protest against the anti-profanity laws, not actively target the Japanese authorities.
- Base Black (手の黒 Tehen no Kuro, lit. "Black Hand")
- Voiced by: Sho Hayami (Japanese); Christopher R. Sabat (English)
- An ero-terrorist who appears in the anime's last episode. He personally knew and worked alongside Zenjuro and planned to unlock a secret vault filled with erotic treasures using an artefact that was passed down to Tanukichi. He gathered the main cast to a resort via false invitations and challenged them to a duel for the artefact through Yakyuken. He noted on his satisfaction on how Tanukichi had grown up like his father before him when he departed.
- Binkan (びんかんちゃん)
- Voiced by: Yui Ogura (Japanese); Megan Shipman (English)
- An anime original character. Binkan is just an innocent bystander who is often nearby whenever SOX performs another act of ero-terrorism, staring at their latest handiwork. She is hardly acknowledged by the main characters until the final episode where it is shown that she is a prefect in training under the leadership of Oboro. Binkan's real name is never mentioned; her nickname roughly translates to "little sensitive (girl)."
- Nadeshiko Kajou (華城 撫子 Kajō Nadeshiko)
- Ayame's stepmother who secretly opposes the new moral laws, especially the ones against mixed bathing. Runs an old-style Japanese inn with a hot spring bath, and taught Ayame how to be a proper Japanese lady growing up.
- Ranko Okuma (奥間 爛子 Okuma Ranko)
- Tanukichi's mother, nicknamed the "Fullmetal Ogress" for her tall stature and gruff demeanour. Ranko is a staunch supporter of the new moral authorities and a friend of Sophia. She taught Tanukichi how to fight and defend himself.
- Annie Brown (アニー・ブラウン Annie Brown)
- An American technical expert hired by the Japanese government to promote the PM technology overseas, but has a tenuous grasp of the Japanese language, leading to her often using dirty innuendo when she tries to speak it. Later becomes attracted to Tanukichi.
- Yutori Nuregoromo (濡衣 ゆとり Nuregoromo Yutori)
- An old childhood friend of Tanukichi and member of a rural farmer family.
- Love Machine (羅武マシーン Rabu Mashīn)
The first light novel volume was published on July 18, 2012 by Shogakukan under their Gagaga Bunko imprint. As of February 2016, eleven volumes have been published.
|1||July 18, 2012||ISBN 978-4-09-451352-3|
|2||November 20, 2012||ISBN 978-4-09-451376-9|
|3||April 18, 2013||ISBN 978-4-09-451407-0|
|4||August 20, 2013||ISBN 978-4-09-451432-2|
|5||January 17, 2014||ISBN 978-4-09-451463-6|
|6||May 20, 2014||ISBN 978-4-09-451485-8|
|7||September 18, 2014||ISBN 978-4-09-451511-4|
|8||February 18, 2015||ISBN 978-4-09-451536-7|
|9||June 18, 2015||ISBN 978-4-09-451555-8|
|10||September 18, 2015||ISBN 978-4-09-451572-5|
|11||February 18, 2016||ISBN 978-4-09-451594-7|
An anime television series adaptation by J.C.Staff aired on July 2015 and ended on September 2015. The anime is licensed by Madman Entertainment in Australia and New Zealand, who simulcasted the series on AnimeLab.
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Whom Public Order and Morality Serve?"
"Kōjoryōzoku wa ta ga tame ni?" (公序良俗は誰が為に？)
|July 4, 2015|
|Tanukichi Okuma heads to school by monorail where he looks forward to reuniting with his crush, Anna. After trying to defuse a tense situation, he finds himself about to be arrested by the moral police when the infamous perverted terrorist Blue Snow appears, spreading lewd leaflets around the train station and threatening to strip naked while Tanukichi escapes in the confusion. Later at school, Tanukichi's troubles continue as a classmate demands he answer how babies are made, and then the Student Council brings him in to ask that he hunt down Blue Snow before her influence spreads to the school. Later that day, he heads to a quiet cafe with Ayame who then ties him to a chair and reveals that she is actually Blue Snow. After being threatened into joining her crusade, Tanukichi helps her execute a plan at school during a student assembly, first spreading more perverted leaflets around the packed gym and then tricking the teachers into running outside while Ayame plays a video of two flies mating while she adds her own sound effects. Meanwhile, Tanukichi disguises himself as Blue Snow and starts drawing a giant asterisk sign on the track with a line painting machine. The entire school, including Tanukichi, finds themselves having trouble dealing with the weird new feelings brought on by this act.|
|2||"The Mysteries of Pregnancy"
"Ninshin no nazo" (妊娠のなぞ)
|July 11, 2015|
|While the school is recovering from Blue Snow's latest activity, Tanukichi recalls his own past and his connection to Anna, gaining the trust of the Student Council. Ayame then tasks him with copying and spreading increasingly-rare paper inserts with suggestive pornographic material across the school. Anna even hangs one such picture in the Student Council room, unaware of the double-meaning behind it until Tanukichi points it out. Tanukichi crushes on Anna again, but Ayame quietly warns him not to pursue her, as she can be frightening when angry, and that Anna's parents were responsible for the current and potential-future morals laws that have a stranglehold on Japan. Later, Ayame decides to hatch another plot at school during physical exams for the freshmen students. Ayame distracts Anna and Goriki while Tanukichi disguises himself as Blue Snow and attempts to teach some students dirty words by sight. However, Anna catches the disguised Tanukichi before he can finish and chases him around the school, cornering him until Ayame appears as the real Blue Snow with the captured urine samples of the freshmen boys. As Anna and Goriki race after her, Tanukichi takes off his Blue Snow disguise, unaware that an artistic student spotted him from a nearby roof.|
|3||"How to Love Someone"
"Hito no aishi-kata" (人の愛し方)
|July 18, 2015|
|During an award ceremony for Otome Saotome's work, Otome dramatically rips up her certificate on stage and claims she is in a slump. Later, Otome drags Tanukichi out of class and threatens to reveal his connection to Blue Snow unless he helps her resolve a romantic issue. Meanwhile, Anna finds herself dealing with a mysterious stalker leaving threatening messages in her school locker and mailbox. After taking Otome out to dinner, Tanukichi finds out that she is in love with Anna like him after she reveals her name. However, when she threatens to turn him in, Tanukichi claims to be in love with Ayame instead. The next day, Ayame thinks that Otome could be the stalker after Tanukichi tells her about the situation, but Tanukichi thinks it's someone else entirely. At the student council meeting, Ayame schemes to draw the stalker out of hiding by posing as Anna's boyfriend, while Otome decides to watch Anna with Tanukichi by disguising the two of them. As the plan is launched at a public park, Otome reveals how Anna is her sole reason for painting, as she couldn't imagine anyone else after meeting her. Suddenly, multiple stalkers appear and attack the disguised Ayame. Tanukichi leaps out of cover and defends the girls, but one of the thugs manages to briefly knock him out as he inadvertently kisses Anna. Tanukichi tries to excuse himself but falls unconscious as Anna tries to deal with new, unresolved feelings from the kiss.|
|4||"The Saying Goes... Love Is Justice"
"Sekai iwaku, ai wa seigi" (世界いわく、愛は正義)
|July 25, 2015|
|After spending time in the hospital following the events at the park, Ayame tells him that she has persuaded Otome to join SOX in hopes of making more risque artwork, even finding ways to draw that the PMs can't detect, but Otome still requires Anna as an inspiration. Tanukichi soon returns to school, but Ayame is strangely absent and Anna keeps avoiding him. Later, Ayame talks about her latest plan to reclaim a hidden stash of old pornographic material located on private property in Yotsuga Forest. She can't do it alone, so instead she plans to lure the students from school out to the forest during the weekend. However, her plans are sidelined when Tanukichi is targeted by a stalker and Anna's mother, Sophia, shows up to the school in person to get the students to support her new legislation that would force all students to wear chastity belt-like devices. Running low on options, Ayame decides to have Tanukichi confront his stalker while Otome hides in a closet to draw lewd pictures herself. However, the stalker turns out to be Anna who restrains and attempts to rape Tanukichi while being unable to understand her feelings. After Ayame accidentally interrupts them, Anna flees as Otome begins furiously drawing the scene with her teeth. Later that night, Hyouka confronts Anna in the lobby of her apartment, asking why her science lab was sterilized without asking. Anna responds that it was done out of love, as the more "impure" influences she eliminates, the more she will be rewarded with love, therefore everything she does for love is just.|
|5||"For Whom the Dirty Terrorism Benefits?"
"Shimoneta tero wa ta ga tame ni?" (下ネタテロは誰が為に？)
|August 1, 2015|
|Ayame tasks Tanukichi with distributing Otome's new pornographic artwork to the students along with a map to Yotsuga Forest. However, Tanukichi finds himself targeted by an increasingly-obsessive Anna around school, trying to make him drink her "love nectar," and drink from Tanukichi's. While escaping from Anna, he accidentally drops his bag filled with illegal material in Hyouka's lab and tells Ayame that he can't distribute them with Anna constantly trying to pin him down. On Sunday, the day of the "X Prohibition Law" signature drive, Sophia plans to greet the students of her daughter's academy in person and Ayame plans to quixotically storm the forest against a large force of morality police. Surprisingly, the students all show up at the forest, as Hyouka picked up Tanukichi's material and quietly spread copies around school herself. She manages to distract the police long enough for the female students and SOX to start looking for the hidden stash of porn. However, Anna shows up in person, chasing down Ayame in her Blue Snow disguise. Ayame tosses Tanukichi down into the forest to help him escape from Anna, where he finds the porn stash in a suggestively-shaped cave. However, when he hears Ayame being strangled by Anna, he decides to save her wearing a new disguise he found in the cave. Anna can't understand why the new terrorist gives her similar feelings to Tanukichi, and leaps into the forest in shame. Later that night, Sophia holds a press conference announcing the success of the petition drive, but discovers too late that someone replaced her signed petitions with pornographic artwork, which gets broadcast live around the country and embarrasses her push for the new law.|
"Tezukuri no nuku mori!" (手作りのぬくもり！)
|August 8, 2015|
|As Otome's hentai drawings spread around the school, Ayame decides to take the next step and make masturbation aids in the kitchen of the cafe SOX regularly gathers at. Tanukichi is assigned the task of getting Hyouka to develop small vibrators, but upon coming to collect one, a mostly-naked Hyouka attempts to learn about his "cucumber" as payment for her services. While they argue, Anna stops by and starts growing jealous, so Tanukichi quickly hands her a finished vibrating egg without telling her its true purpose to calm her down. The next day, Tanukichi accidentally activates the vibrator with the wireless remote Hyouka gave him, reawakening Anna's lust. Tanukichi tries desperately to escape or find a way to turn off the vibrator, but none of his friends want to help him, and Anna finally traps him inside the Student Council room. Tanukichi discovers that Anna turned the vibrator into a pendant, but is unable to reach it while being pinned down under her. Eventually, the vibrator shorts out as Anna climaxes and Tanukichi manages to escape. Later, Anna overhears Otome make a dirty remark about Tanukichi and starts strangling him while Ayame refuses to help.|
|7||"What SOX Created"
"SOX ga tsukuri shi mono" (SOXが作りし者)
|August 15, 2015|
|SOX forms alliances with other erotic terrorist groups throughout Japan to share various pornographic books with each other. Back at school, the student council discovers that someone has been stealing the underwear of girls and boys throughout the city and crediting SOX with the heists. Tanukichi and Ayame watch a girls' changing room to catch a thief, but when Ayame runs off, Anna appears to sexually assault Tanukichi again. Shortly after that, Tanukichi reunites with Ayame only to find her speaking with Hyouka, and confiscates her yaoi book with characters loosely based off himself and Goriki on the cover. Soon, Goriki manages to round up multiple underwear thieves around school, when a mysterious terrorist calling himself "White Peak" of the group "Gathered Fabric" broadcasts his message across school. Back at the cafe, Ayame declares that SOX must take down White Top before his actions undercut the message of SOX. Later that same night, Tanukichi helps a little girl escape the moral police with the help of Hyouka in exchange for turning a blind eye to her yaoi books. The girl then tries to attack Tanukichi until he reveals that he's a member of SOX. The girl reveals herself to be Kosuri Onigashira, and she desperately wishes to join SOX. Ayame is reluctant to trust her, as Kosuri is daughter of Keisuke, another ero-terrorist who made deals with the moral authorities. However, she decides to let Kosuri become a member of SOX, in part because Kosuri's hairstyle reminds her of a penis head.|
|8||"The Devil Blows His Own Trumpet"
"Akuma ga ki tari te hora o fuku" (悪魔が来たりてホラを吹く)
|August 22, 2015|
|Tanukichi wakes up to find Kosuri sleeping next to him and Anna dangerously holding a knife in his doorway. He quickly decides to pretend Kosuri is his little sister, but it backfires as Anna threatens to stab her, cutting a large hole in his floor before leaving. Later at school, Anna's father has sent Oboro Tsukimigusa to become the school's Prefect and take charge of the effort to eliminate impure influences in school. However, unlike the moral authorities, Oboro starts by removing mundane items like basketball hoops and volleyball nets as they may somehow lead boys to immoral thoughts. She also tries to confiscate Hyouka's yaoi manga until Hyouka convinces her that it has useful value. Meanwhile, Ayame plans to have SOX distribute Otome's drawings at other schools. Kosuri decides to take charge of the operation herself while Tanukichi convinces Oboro to white-list toilet paper rolls before Anna has an accident. Later, Kosuri returns to report her mission was completely successful, and fueled by her new success, treats Tanukichi like a slave at home. She explains to Tanukichi that she subverted the other school's student council by using her knowledge of shoujo and romantic manga tropes to play the boys and girls off of each other until they all fell under her control. While Tanukichi detests her methods, he can't bring himself to sell Kosuri out to Ayame. The next day, Ayame privately tells Tanukichi that SOX's actions suffered blowback with the sudden appearance of Oboro and her comrades. On top of dealing with the threats of the moral authorities and the Gathered Fabric faction, SOX must also find a way to sabotage the Prefect system before the government exports it to other schools.|
|9||"Do Androids Dream of Electric Masseurs?"
"Andoroido wa denki anma no yume o miru ka" (アンドロイドは電気アンマの夢を見るか)
|August 29, 2015|
|Ayame launches an operation at school to try and sabotage both the school Prefect program and Gathered Fabric at the same time. First, she uses her Blue Snow persona to spread more lewd drawing materials throughout school while Tanukichi will hang his used boxers to try and attract Gathered Fabric, then take out the underpants thieves to show that SOX does not support them. However, Anna and Oboro come through the door instead. Anna again assaults Tanukichi, and he begs for help from Oboro but she offers none, claiming that even though the act may be immoral, she was trained not to interfere if Anna herself acts immorally. Meanwhile, Kosuri gets jealous that she is left out of the action while Otome uses the time to draw more yaoi artwork. Ayame launches the same plan again, as Tanukichi lies in wait for Gathered Fabric to appear. As Tanukichi manages to knock out several Gathered Fabric members, Kosuri meets with Hyouka to help herself, but Hyouka is not swayed by her usual charm. Elsewhere, Tanukichi subdues another panty thief and immediately steps on the crotch of a second person who stumbled into the same room. However, he discovers that person is Oboro, and that she actually has a penis. Oboro explains that she has been trained to serve Anna and her father for years, to the point that her likes, dislikes, even her gender are whatever Anna's family wants them to be. Suddenly, the fire alarm is pulled and the school evacuates. Back at SOX's hideout, Kosuri takes responsibility for the act, but Ayame scolds her for sabotaging the plan with her own stubbornness. As SOX tries to think of their next move, they receive a message written on a pair of panties to meet at a nearby park, where White Peak himself appears.|
"Jī-kyū kuesuto" (ジイ級クエスト)
|September 5, 2015|
|As SOX makes negotiations with White Peak to stop hunting down Gathered Fabric members, Their negotiations fall through as Ayame chastises him for using erotic terrorism as a front for the panty thefts. The next morning as Tanukichi rushes to school on a bus due to the broken monorail, Goriki tells him that somebody cut the monorail's power lines, to which he suspects the antics of Gathered Fabric. While talking to Ayame however, Tanukichi and Goriki's bus becomes hijacked by a Gathered Fabric member. Among the jacked buses, Hyouka, Anna and Oboro, and Otome are in separate buses, with White Peak holding Otome's bus hostage. During his bus jacking, White Peak also hijacks the PM systems and proclaims war and his organization as an affiliate with SOX. As Hyouka is interrupted watching the news, she questions the Gathered Fabric member about panties, to which she is threatened by a gun, in which she identifies is a fake. As a result, the jacker is quickly subdued by the bus passengers, and Hyouka receives praise for her actions, although quickly dismissing their words. Meanwhile in Anna and Oboro's bus, as their jacker is collecting everybody's undergarments, Anna single-handedly beats him down, prompting fearful reactions from the male passengers (except for Oboro). On Tanukichi and Goriki's bus, as Goriki is about to give up his undergarments, he causes everybody to vomit in the bus, including the jacker and even the driver who saw him in women's underwear. As Tanukichi escapes, Ayame finds a leak in White Peak's true identity: Takuma Ichinose. She also finds out that there is a real gun among the fakes, to which Hyouka is monitoring. To apprehend Takuma, Ayame has Kosuri gather white panties and lure out Takuma's bus. Despite Tanukichi using musk panties to mask and protect himself, He is overpowered by Takuma, who becomes empowered (and turned on) by the scent. After Ayame intervenes, he is thrown off by Ayame's own scent infused in her panty mask, which allows Tanukichi to restrain him. Before SOX successfully captures him however, Ayame gets kicked out of the bus by Kosuri, prompting the Decency Squad to chase after her. Kosuri reveals she had switched places with the hostage, and joins Gathered Fabric for the sake of war, to which she points a stun gun at Tanukichi.|
"Tekuno bureiku" (テクノブレイク)
|September 12, 2015|
|As Kosuri points her stun gun at Tanukichi, he has no choice but to flee the bus, and he is chased further by the Decency Squad. After Kosuri helps out Takuma, they proceed to take the hostages to Zoshigaoka Academy. After managing to evade the Decency Squad, Tanukichi is approached by Hyouka, who shows him a breaking news story where 39 buses holding 500 hostages are being taken to Zoshigaoka Academy. At the school, the members of Gathered Fabric are making ransom demands with food and drinks as well as new panties, at the cost of provocative images of the students wearing panties on their heads if they fail to comply. As the students put on fresh pairs of panties to mark with their scent, Otome becomes excited at the sight and starts drawing with her mouth, to which she drops her pencil and stumbles across a box of paint. Meanwhile, Ayame and Tanukichi assess the dire situation at hand, to which SOX's blame in this incident will have society see them as criminals, and that the only way to clear SOX's name is to have them capture White Peak, lacking the numbers to do so. As Tanukichi is awkwardly approached again by Hyouka, she explains how people like Anna are brainwashed to believe that anything they do is "righteous" and fall into insanity. Reminded of Anna, Tanukichi devises a risky plan that if successful, can take down Takuma. While Kosuri devises tactics for Gathered Fabric, Takuma reveals that he had no intentions of a revolution or warfare or even wanting to escape. Betrayed, Kosuri tries to immobilize him with her stun gun, which fails due to the wine-stained underwear covering his body from the shock. Later, Otome calls Tanukichi, who manages to escape by drawing 3D perception art of her and the hostages, telling him Takuma's and the other hostages' location. As Tanukichi executes his plan, Takuma is about to receive his third set of panties, until Ayame, Tanukichi, and Anna step in, as well as Goriki and Oboro. Tanukichi reveals that his plan was to get Anna to join forces with SOX, in exchange for his underwear, but has to keep scrubbing the scent off of him so that his cover would not be blown. As Otome helps the students escape using drawings of panties to distract Gathered Fabric members, Ayame and Anna finish off Takuma for good. After Ayame's dirty joke speech to the public, Kosuri returns to SOX, now acknowledging Ayame as her master once more.|
|12||"Dirty Jokes Forever!"
"Shimoneta yo eien ni" (下ネタよ永遠に)
|September 19, 2015|
|The SOX members receive invitations to meet up at a hot springs resort called Health Land in Nukumi, presumably by Sophia Nishikinomiya herself. Tanukichi remembers an artifact passed down to him by his father to be used if he ever travels to Nukumi and decides to take it with him. When they arrive at the resort, they are met by Goriki and Anna who reveal they were invited by Sophia as well. Anna jumps to the thought that her mother reserved the entire resort so that Anna can spend time with Tanukichi, but they all decide to spend time in the baths to wait for Sophia's return. Anna sends Goriki off to fetch something and sexually assaults Tanukichi, but everyone was interrupted by a woman's scream. Everyone finds Sophia's unconscious body in the lockers, where they are confronted by an ero-terrorist called Base Black. Base Black reveals himself to be the one who gathered everyone to the resort and sends them on a brief chase which ends in him retrieving Tanukichi's artifact. Ayame and Tanukichi find him when attempting to fetch their bags for their clothes, which were replaced by black undergarments. He tells that he personally knew Zenjuro and plans to unlock a secret place filled with erotic treasures using the artifact. The others catch up to the scene and Base Black challenges them to a duel for the artifact through Yakyuken. Goriki's loss and subsequent undressing stuns Base Black long enough for Tanukichi to retrieve the artifact, and alongside Ayame are tasked with hiding it deep in the woods while the rest hold off Base Black. They decide to find the treasure instead, but are unable to find an old cable tram to travel up the mountainous area. Hyouka finds them while collecting bugs and helps them locate and power the tram. As Tanukichi and Ayame are riding the tram, Anna appears while climbing the cables to catch up to Tanukichi and causes the floor of the tram to collapse with her falling through. The duo reach an old mansion and explore it, finding a mechanism that the artifact fits through as a wrench. Kosuri and Otome catch up to them and help open the vault containing the treasure - a large number of erotic sculptures and statues. After resealing the vault, the four find Base Black observing them from above, satisfied on how Tanukichi had grown up. The four reunite with Goriki and Anna while Oboro destroys the cable tram. They pledge that one day the treasure will be able to see the world again when the anti-profanity enforcement comes to an end.|
- In Japanese, O mark often represents hidden characters.
2. On October 27th, 2015. Anna's Japanese voice actor Miyu Matsuki died from lymphoma caused by a Chronic active EBV infection
- "Funimation Reveals Dub Casts For Overlord, Shimoneta, 1st Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Film, 6th Hetalia Season". Anime News Network. August 12, 2016. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- 新刊情報 (in Japanese). Gagaga Bunko. Archived from the original on August 7, 2012. Retrieved August 22, 2015.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #1 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #2 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #3 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #4 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #5 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #6 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #7 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #8 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2015-02-20.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #9 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2015-08-03.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #10 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- "下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界 #11 at Shogakukan.co.jp" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2016-05-16.
- "Shizuka Ishigami, Yūsuke Kobayashi Star in Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai TV Anime". Anime News Network. February 18, 2015. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- AnimeLab Simulcast Line-Up For Summer 2015
- Anime official website (in Japanese)
- Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: Man**-hen at Mag Garden Comic Online (in Japanese)
- Shimoneta (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia