Shil Phata is an area about 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) south of Mumbra, in the Thane cityof Maharashtra under Thane Municipal Corporation, India. Shil Phata is located east of Parsik Hills on the old Mumbai-Pune Road (National Highway 4). It's a junction connecting Thane city to Navi Mumbai and Kalyan-Dombivali.
|• Type||Thane Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||022 [MTNL Mumbai]|
|Vehicle registration||MH-04 [Thane RTO]|
It was the site of the 2013 Thane building collapse that occurred on 4 April 2013. 72 people were killed and dozens injured in the collapse of an illegal building. Shil Phata was one of the locales within the Thane District where illegal buildings were demolished in 2010. In total more than 300 buildings were razed.
- Sunjoy Monga. The Mumbai Nature Guide. (2004). India Book House. p. 55.
- Bhivandi - Kalyan - Shil Phata Project. Maharashtra State Road Development Company. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Thane building collapse: 2 developers arrested; toll touches 72". The Hindu. 6 April 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Death toll in Thane building collapse mounts to 72." The Hindu Business Line. 6 April 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "300 structures razed in Thane." New Delhi, India: Hindustan Times. McClatchy-Tribune Information Services. October 8, 2010. HighBeam Research. Retrieved 6 Apr. 2013.