Serhiy Mykolayovych Shkarlet (Ukrainian: Сергій Миколайович Шкарлет; born 19 October 1972) is a Ukrainian economist and politician. On 25 June 2020 he was assigned as the Acting Minister of Education and Science. On 17 December 2020 parliament appointed Shkarlet as Minister of Education and Science.
|Minister of Education and Science|
|Assumed office |
25 June 2020
|Prime Minister||Denys Shmyhal|
|Preceded by||Lubomyra Mandziy (Acting)|
Serhiy Mykolayovych Shkarlet
19 October 1972
Kokand, Uzbek SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||Party of Regions|
Petro Poroshenko Bloc
|Education||Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute|
Born in 1972 in Kokand, Uzbek SSR Shkarlet's family moved to Nizhyn, Ukrainian SSR in 1975 because his father was offered a job there in the defense specialist company Research and Production Complex "Progress". From 1989 until 1995 Shkarlet studied and graduated at Kyiv Polytechnic Institute. Between 1995 and 1997 he studied accounting and auditing at Chernihiv National University of Technology and in 1997 at the Academician Yuriy Bugay International Scientific and Technical University. In 1996 he started teaching at the Chernihiv National University of Technology.
Shkarlet is a Doctor of Economics, Professor (2008).
From 2010 to 2015, he was a member of the Chernihiv Oblast Council for Party of Regions. In 2020 Shkarlet claimed that he had joined the Party of Regions "by order from the regional state administration." Previously in 2010 he had claimed that "I fully share the views and principles of the Party of Regions." According to former fellow deputies in the Chernihiv Oblast Council Shkarlet had pro-European views.
Deputy Minister of Education and Science for European Integration.
On 25 June 2020 Shkarlet was assigned as the Acting Minister of Education and Science. Right before Mr. Shkarlet was assigned Acting Minister, significant volumes of plagiarism were discovered in his scientific publications.
On 17 December 2020 parliament appointed Shkarlet as Minister of Education and Science. Voice claimed that two deputies voted for the appointment although they were not present in the Verkhovna Rada building (Shkarlet was appointed with exactly the 226 required votes).
- Plagiarism in dissertations and the past in the Party of Regions: what is known about new Minister of Education Serhiy Shkarlet, UNIAN (25 June 2020) (in Ukrainian)
- "Шкарлет Сергей". file.liga.net (in Russian). Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- "Rada profile committee doesn't back Shkarlet's candidacy for education minister post". Interfax-Ukraine. 18 June 2020. Retrieved 27 June 2020.
"Про тимчасове покладення виконання обов'язків Міністра освіти і науки України на Шкарлета С. М." Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- Shkarlet appointed Ukraine's education minister, Ukrinform (17 December 2020)
- (in Ukrainian) From Yanukovych to Zelensky through Poroshenko. Who is the head of the Ministry of Education Serhiy Shkarlet, Ukrayinska Pravda (13 October 2020)
- "Serhiy Shkarlet". Applied Mathematics Department. Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- (in Ukrainian) Plagiarist and lover of expensive cars at public expense Scarlett became acting Minister of Education and Science, Ukrayinska Pravda (25 June 2020)
- "Про призначення Шкарлета С. М. заступником Міністра освіти і науки України з питань європейської інтеграції". Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- Серія досліджень наукових робіт Шкарлета на наявність плагіату:
- Новий кандидат на посаду міністра освіти від Зе-команди відзначився «текстовими запозиченнями»
- Монографія Сергія Шкарлета: було твоє — стало моє
- «Наукова стаття» Сергія Шкарлета: тяп-ляп — і готово!
- Так, це знову я, ваш Шкарлет. Забезпечую вас безпекою
- Серіал «Шкарлет». П’ята серія: «Економіка інформаційного типу»
- Заслужений регенератор України
- Плагіатний паровозик
- Стаття Сергія Шкарлета для докторської дисертації – суцільний плагіат
- Російські вуха в докторській дисертації Сергія Шкарлета
- У монографії кандидата в міністри освіти Шкарлета є плагіат
- Reaction to Scarlett vote: Razumkov promises new cameras and increased responsibility for button-pressing, Civil movement "Chesno" (18 December 2020) (in Ukrainian)