The National News Agency of Ukraine (Ukrainian: Українське національне інформаційне агентство), or Ukrinform (Ukrainian: Укрінформ), is a state information and news agency, and international broadcaster of Ukraine. It was founded in 1918 during the Ukrainian War of Independence as the Bureau of Ukrainian Press (BUP). The first director of the agency was Dmytro Dontsov, when the agency name was The Ukrainian Telegraph Agency.
|Українське національне інформаційне агентство|
|Founded||March 16, 1918|
|Headquarters||8/16, Bohdan Khmelnytskoho,|
Kyiv, Ukraine, 01001 
|Oleksandr Kharchenko |
|Owner||Cabinet of Ministers|
The state agency was established as the Bureau of Ukrainian Press (BUP) in 1918, yet since then it went through a series of reorganizations. During the Soviet period, it was associated with Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union (TASS).
- 1918 – Bureau of Ukrainian Press
- 1920 – All-Ukrainian bureau of the Russian Telegraph Agency (UkROSTA)
- 1921 – Radio-Telegraph Agency of Ukraine (RATAU)
- 1990 – Ukrainian National Informational Agency (UKRINFORM)
- 1996 – State Informational Agency of Ukraine (DINAU)
- 2000 – Ukrainian National Informational Agency (UKRINFORM)
- 2015 – Ukrinform became a part of the Multimedia Broadcasting Platform of Ukraine (UA|TV)
- 2018 – Ukrinform signed a co-operation agreement with the Athens–Macedonian News Agency (ANA) providing for an exchange of news items in all categories.
Ukrinform's main objectives are: the coverage of public policy and public life in Ukraine and providing information to government bodies; according to a Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from February 19, 1997 the agency carries out its activities independently of political parties and public organizations.
Per day Ukrinform issues some 500 reports in English, German, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, French, Spanish, Japanese and around 200 photos and audio digest. Ukrinform delivers information to the media, TV channels, radio stations, official establishments and local governments, foreign embassies and Ukrainian diplomatic missions abroad and foreign media.
FREEДОМ (formerly UATV) is a Russian-language television news channel with focus on the Russo-Ukrainian War. It's transmitted live on its website, via satellite, and through cable television operators. It has content in English on YouTube. Prior to its temporary closure in January 2020, the channel also broadcast in English, Ukrainian, Crimean Tatar and Arabic.
- ^ Ukrainian National News Agency UKRINFORM celebrates its 90th anniversary, National Radio Company of Ukraine (May 15, 2008)
- ^ On March 1 the national news agency Ukrinform launched Ukraine's first Internet radio service, Government of Ukraine (March 2, 2005)
- ^ "Official website. Contact Us. ("Kyiv" spelling)". Mar 2017.
- ^ Official website
- ^ a b "UA-TV". Ukrinform. Retrieved 8 June 2022.
- ^ (in Ukrainian) Українському національному інформаційному агентству «Укрінформ» — 90 років. Вітаємо!, Телекритика (March 17, 2008)
- ^ "Ukrinform marks 100th anniversary of its foundation". ukrinform.net. Retrieved 21 May 2022.
- ^ Рада ухвалила закон про іномовлення (in Ukrainian). Ukrinform. Retrieved 2019-03-03.
- ^ "ANA signs deal with Ukraine's Ukrinform". Athens-Macedonian News Agency. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- ^ (in Ukrainian) Resolution of July 15, 1997 #749, Government of Ukraine (March 2, 2005)
- ^ THROUGH TRUTH AND OBJECTIVITY, Victor Chamara, Director General Ukrinform on the official website of Ukrinform
- ^ a b "About us". Retrieved 8 June 2022.
- ^ ""DOM" AND UATV GOT 362 MILLION HRIVNYAS FOR NEXT YEAR". Institute of Mass Information. 14 December 2021. Retrieved 8 June 2022.
- ^ UATV English's channel on YouTube
- ^ Kharkiv Human Rights Protection Group. "Ukraine axes English & Crimean Tatar TV to launch risky Russian channel for occupied Donbas and Crimea". Retrieved 2022-03-18.
- Ukrinform - Ukrainian National News Agency (English)
- Ukrinform - Ukrainian National News Agency (Ukrainian)
- Agency's statute (Statement of the Cabinet of Ministers)
- UATV English's channel on YouTube
- Ukrinform on Telegram