This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Udoka Chigozie Oku, also known by his stage name Selebobo, is a Nigerian singer and a songwriter. Formerly signed to Made Men Music Group. Selebobo is most known for his singles, "Yoyo', "Selfie", and "Waka Waka". He has also collaborated with Flavour N'abania, Yemi Alade, Tekno Miles, Emma Nyra, and Iyanya. He was also a nominee of the Producer of the Year category at 2018 The Headies.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (February 2022)
Udoka Chigozie Oku was born on July 29, 1992, to parents of Igbo descent in Enugu State, Nigeria. He is the eleventh out of the twelve in his family, with one of his brothers, Okechukwu Oku, being a popular director. His father, Goddy Oku, was a guitarist and musician who played during local shows throughout the 1970s. As a result, he was taught many instruments, including the guitar, and was enriched in music. By the time he was twelve, he started to produce music on his keyboard.
Oku attended primary and secondary school in Enugu State, but later went on to the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, in Awka, Anambra State, and received a bachelor's degree in Fine Arts.
In an attempt to launch his career, he started to write and produce songs, but it wasn't until 2013, before he successfully released his hit single, "Yoyo", featuring J. Martins. Soon afterwards, he would be signed to the record label, Made Men Music Group (MMMG), along with Tekno, Iyanya, and Emma Nyra. Under MMMG, Selebobo was known as Mixx Monsta. In 2014, he also produced the hit single, "Johnny", for Yemi Alade, which has garnered more than a hundred million views.
Oku left MMMG in 2019 to start his own record label, "Vault".
In 2020, producer Jay Q sued Oku for copyright infringement, claiming that his use of trombone melodies on the song Take was plagiarized.
Oku is a producer on Rudeboy's 2021 debut solo album, Rudy Kill Us.
Oku has won and been nominated for various awards. These awards include the Best Collaboration of the Year Award, the Best Producer at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards, Best Pop Artist at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards, Best New Act to Watch at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards, and Best Artiste of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards.
- ^ "The Hot Men of TripleMG! Iyanya, Tekno, Selebobo & Baci Get Suited Up". bellanaija.com. 27 January 2015. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- ^ Ohanyan, Ehis. "Headies 2018 Music award ceremony announces changes to nominees list". pulse.ng. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- ^ Johnson, Violet (26 December 2019). "Selebobo Launches Label "Vault Records", Parts Ways With MMMG". The Guardian Nigeria. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- ^ Jannamike-Abuja, Luminous (18 September 2020). "Jay Q sues Selebobo for copyright infringement". Vanguard Nigeria. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- ^ Badewa, Collins (18 September 2020). "Rave News Digest: Rudeboy Announces Debut Solo Album, Meghan Markle Developing Animated Series, Donnarumma + More". Style Rave. Retrieved 9 August 2021.