SeeYouSpaceCowboy (formerly stylized as SeeYouSpaceCowboy...) is an American hardcore punk band formed in San Diego, California, in 2016. It was founded by vocalist Connie Sgarbossa, drummer Ethan Sgarbossa and guitarist Taylor Allen. Their name is taken from a phrase shown on many of the end title cards of the 1998 anime Cowboy Bebop.
|Origin||San Diego, California, U.S.|
Before the formation of SeeYouSpaceCowboy, vocalist Connie Sgarbossa and her younger brother Ethan Sgarbossa both played in the bands Flowers Taped to Pens and René Descartes. Ethan originally played guitar for both groups before switching to drums for SeeYouSpaceCowboy. Taylor Allen and Jesse Price played together in a hardcore band called Recluse before the formation of their next project, Letters to Catalonia, which features Jesse on vocals and guitar, and fellow former SeeYouSpaceCowboy member, Dominic Larocca, on bass. SeeYouSpaceCowboy formed in 2016, before Connie relocated to Oakland.
The original lineup, and that which appears on the demo, consisted of only four members; Price playing bass and Allen playing guitar. Timmy Moreno was soon added as a bassist, and Price went on to be a guitarist.
In a 2018 interview with Revolver the band revealed that they had plans to release a debut full-length album sometime in 2019, the group were in the writing stage as of when the interview was taken place in August. Connie Sgarbossa hinted of what is to come: "There's going to be sassing, there's going to be breakdowns … there's going to be weird, screechy shit."
As of January 25, 2019 it was revealed the band had signed to Pure Noise Records, speaking about their new partnership with Pure Noise Records, the band said: “We are beyond happy to be part of the Pure Noise family. After a summer of searching, we decided to go with Pure Noise because of the diverse and innovative roster, a showcase for some of the most exciting bands in the scene. We are very eager to show the world the next chapter of this band, with this great team behind us.“ Alongside the announcement the band digitally released the album Songs for the Firing Squad, which the band describes as "a collection of the first two years as a band, along with two new tracks that foreshadow the new direction we are headed." The band also released an accompanying music video for the song “Self Help Specialist Ends Own Life”
On July 30, 2019 they released a brand new track, "Armed with Their Teeth" and announced the title for their debut full length record, The Correlation Between Entrance and Exit Wounds. On August 27, 2019 they released another single, "Put On A Show, Don't Let Them See You Fall". The record was released on September 27, 2019 and met with immediately favorable reviews. Loudwire named it one of the 50 best metal albums of 2019.
SeeYouSpaceCowboy looks to create a dialogue with fans regarding LGBTQ representation, their personal politics also include vegan, anti-racist and anti-capitalist messages. Sgarbossa notes that the quintet hope to bring a zine library on future tours to help spread awareness of their intersectional beliefs.
The band chooses to self-describe as sasscore and often disagrees with the label "screamo"; lead singer Connie Sgarbossa states, "Everybody in this band came from the screamo scene, and we'd been doing it for a minute, but with this band we really wanted to make the distinction that this isn't a screamo band." Songs for the Firing Squad features a song titled "Stop Calling Us Screamo", which Connie Sgarbossa later clarified as " our tongue-in-cheek jab at the people that want to throw us into that scene."
Current members
- Connie Sgarbossa – vocals (2016–present)
- Ethan Sgarbossa – drums (2016–2019), guitar, vocals (2019–present)
- Taylor Allen – guitar (2016–2017), bass, vocals (2020–present)
- Timmy Moreno – bass (2016–2018), guitar (2021–present) 
- AJ Tartol - drums (2021–present)
- Jesse Price – bass (2016), guitar, vocals (2016–2020)
- Cameron Phipps – bass (2019–2020)
- Dominick Larocca – guitar (2017–2018)
- Liam Coombe – guitar, bass (2018–2019)
- Andrew Milam – bass (2018–2019)
- Bryan Prosser – drums (2019)
- Sal Argento - drums (2019–2021)
|The Correlation Between Entrance and Exit Wounds|
|The Romance of Affliction|
|Songs for the Firing Squad||
|Fashion Statements of the Socially Aware||
|SYSC//SGKF Split (with secondgradeknifefight)||
|A Sure Disaster (with If I Die First)||
|"Atrocities From A Story Book Perspective"||2017||Non-album single|
|"Armed with Their Teeth"||2019||The Correlation Between Entrance And Exit Wounds|
|“Put On A Show, Don't Let Them See You Fall”|
|"bloodstainedeyes" (with If I Die First)||2021||A Sure Disaster|
|"Misinterpreting Constellations"||The Romance of Affliction|
|"Intersecting Storylines to the Same Tragedy"|
|"The End to a Brief Moment of Lasting Intimacy"|
|"Self Help Specialist Ends Own Life"||2019||Cameron Nunez|
|"Armed with Their Teeth"|
|"Misinterpreting Constellations "|
|"The End to A Brief Moment Of Lasting Intimacy"|
- "SeeYouSpaceCowboy: Meet "Sasscore" Band Rallying Marginalized People to "Bite Back"". Revolver. August 14, 2018. Retrieved January 26, 2019.
- "SeeYouSpaceCowboy: Meet "Sasscore" Band Rallying Marginalized People to "Bite Back"". 14 August 2018.
- "SeeYouSpaceCowboy Sign To Pure Noise Records, Release 'Songs For The Firing Squad' / the NOISE". the NOISE. Retrieved January 26, 2019.
- "The 50 Best Metal Albums of 2019". Loudwire. Townsquare Media. December 3, 2019. Retrieved March 7, 2021.
- "The 45 Best Rock + Metal Albums of 2021". Loudwire. Townsquare Media. December 10, 2021. Retrieved January 3, 2022.
- "SeeYouSpaceCowboy announce new LP, share "Armed With Their Teeth," touring". BrooklynVegan.com. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- Forman, Bill. "SeeYouSpaceCowboy at The Black Sheep show preview". Colorado Springs Independent. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- Editorial (June 12, 2019). "A Brief History of Mathcore In Ten Albums". Bandcamp Daily. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "SeeYouSpaceCowboy | Biography, Albums, Streaming Links". AllMusic. Retrieved June 29, 2019.
- "See You Space Cowboy- Late December (Live @ De La Cruz Skatepark 08/20/2021)". youtube.com. Retrieved September 20, 2021.
- "Demo, by SeeYouSpaceCowboy..." bandcamp.com. Retrieved November 9, 2019.
- "SeeYouSpaceCowboy Bassist Exits Band Amid Rape Allegations". lambgoat.com. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
- "Fashion Statements of the Socially Aware, by SeeYouSpaceCowboy..." SeeYouSpaceCowboy... Retrieved January 26, 2019.
- "SYSC//SGKF Split, by SeeYouSpaceCowboy..." SeeYouSpaceCowboy... Retrieved January 26, 2019.
- "NEWS: SeeYouSpaceCowboy & if I die First announce split EP!". 30 March 2021.
- "Atrocities From A Story Book Perspective - Single, by SeeYouSpaceCowboy..." SeeYouSpaceCowboy... Retrieved January 26, 2019.
- "SEEYOUSPACECOWBOY Gets Frantic On New Song "Put On A Show, Don't Let Them See You Fall"". Metal Injection. August 27, 2019. Retrieved September 17, 2019.