Type of site
BrooklynVegan began in 2004 as a blog that also covered vegan food options in Brooklyn, before the founder and editor in chief, simply known as Dave, shifted his focus to more exclusively documenting live music in the area.
The blog is known for its efforts to expose upcoming artists, such as their installment in the Artist Discovery Series of blogs hosted by Austin City Limits and Lollapalooza, and their program on Sirius-XM. The blog also showcases artists at SXSW and at CMJ, an annual music festival in New York, when in the summer of 2007 they invited the then self-released Justin Vernon of Bon Iver to play the Bowery Ballroom.
- Plitt, Amy. "480 Pixels: An Exhibit of BrooklynVegan's Music Photography". Time Out Magazine. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Weitz, Emily. "Virtual Brooklyn: The Borough and Its Blogs". Park Slope Reader. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Artist Discovery: BrooklynVegan & Zola Jesus". Austin City Limits. Archived from the original on 24 June 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Artist Discovery: Brooklyn Vegan & Polica". Lollapalooza. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "CMJ: Scenes from the BrooklynVegan Showcase". New York Times. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Bradley, Ryan. "Digital Tastemakers". New York Magazine. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "About BrooklynVegan". BrooklynVegan. Retrieved 29 September 2013.