Saudi Arabia national cricket team
The Saudi Arabia national cricket team is the team that represents the country of Saudi Arabia in international cricket. The team is organised by the Saudi Cricket Centre, which became an affiliate member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2003 and associate member in 2016. Saudi Arabia made its international debut at the 2004 ACC Trophy in Malaysia, and has since played regularly in Asian Cricket Council (ACC) tournaments. After finishing second in the 2014 ACC Elite League, the team qualified for the World Cricket League for the first time. Saudi Arabia was due to compete in the 2015 Division Six event, but members of the team were denied visas by the host country, forcing the team to withdraw.
|Association||Saudi Cricket Centre|
|International Cricket Council|
|ICC status||Associate members (2016)|
|First T20I||v Bahrain at Al Emarat Cricket Stadium, Muscat; 20 January 2019|
|Last T20I||v Qatar at Al Emarat Cricket Stadium, Muscat; 24 January 2019|
|As of 24 January 2019|
In April 2018, the ICC decided to grant full Twenty20 International (T20I) status to all its members. Therefore, all Twenty20 matches played between Saudi Arabia and other ICC members after 1 January 2019 will be a full T20I. Saudi Arabia made its Twenty20 International debut on 20 January 2019, losing to Bahrain by 41 runs in the 2019 ACC Western Region T20 at Al Emarat Cricket Stadium, Muscat, Oman.
The international debut of the Saudi senior team came in the ACC Trophy in 2004, where they failed to progress beyond the first round. They again failed to go past the first round in 2006, but had the remarkable achievement of scoring 499 runs in 50 overs against Brunei. Earlier in the year they came fourth in the Middle East Cup.
Arguably their greatest moment in international cricket to date came in the 2008 ACC Trophy Elite when they defeated the UAE by 29 runs, a team which has had previous One Day International experience.
With the separation of the ACC Trophy into Elite and Challenge divisions, following their performance at the 2006 ACC Trophy Saudi Arabia they competed in the Elite division in the 2008 competition, in which they came 10th. This result relegated them to the 2009 ACC Trophy Challenge, in which they did not appear. They did, however, appear in the 2010 competition, in which they came 2nd and gained promotion back to the Elite division.
Besides the 50 over format, Saudi Arabia have also played in the Twenty20 format of the game in the 2007 ACC Twenty20 Cup, in which they failed to progress beyond the group stage, and the 2009 ACC Twenty20 Cup, in which they came 8th.
In 2017, 12th choice batsman and slow-ball extraordinaire, Arron Ward, joined the Coaching set-up as Skills Consultant to impart his "Marlow magic". Arron will accompany the national team for the forthcoming 2018 International Matches.
- 2004: Group stage (3rd in Group B; 4 teams)
- 2006: 10th place (17 teams)
- 2008 Elite (ACC Div. 1): 10th place (10 teams)
- 2010 Challenge (ACC Div. 2): 2nd place (8 teams)
- 2012 Elite (ACC Div. 1): 9th place (10 teams)
- 2014 Elite League (ACC Div. 2): 2nd place (6 teams)
- 2016 Elite League (ACC Div. 2): qualified
ACC Twenty20 CupEdit
International Match Summary — Saudi ArabiaLast Updated 24 January 2019
|Twenty20 Internationals||5||3||2||0||0||20 January 2019|
- Saudi Arabia's highest score: 163/2 against Qatar, 2019 ACC Western Region T20
- Highest individual score: 88* by Shamsudheen Purat against Qatar, 2019 ACC Western Region T20 
- Best bowling figures in an innings: 3/16 by Muhammad Nadeem against Qatar, 2019 ACC Western Region T20
T20I record versus other nations
Records complete to T20I #729. Last updated 24 January 2019.
|Opponent||M||W||L||T||NR||First match||First win|
|vs Associate Members|
|v Bahrain||1||0||1||0||0||20 January 2019|
|v Kuwait||1||1||0||0||0||22 January 2019|
|v Maldives||1||1||0||0||0||22 January 2019|
|v Qatar||2||1||1||0||0||21 January 2019||24 January 2019|
- "T20I matches - Team records". ESPNcricinfo.
- "T20I matches - 2019 Team records". ESPNcricinfo.
- "CricketArchive – Saudi Arabia page". CricketArchive. 6 December 2010. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- Other matches played by Saudi Arabia – CricketArchive. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "All T20 matches between ICC members to get international status". International Cricket Council. 26 April 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "Saudi Arabia v UAE". CricketArchive. 25 July 2008. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "Records / Saudi Arabia / Twenty20 Internationals / Result summary". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Saudi Arabia T20I Highest totals". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Saudi Arabia T20I Highest individual score". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Saudi Arabia T20I Best bowling figures in an innings". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 21 January 2019.