Sapan Saxena (born April 5, 1985) is an Indian author, best known for his novels Finders, Keepers published by Leadstart Publishing. and UNNS-The Captivation published by Inspire India Publlishers
Sapan Saxena talking to reporters, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
|Alma mater||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad|
|Genre||Literature, fiction writer|
|Subject||Novels, Short Stories|
|Notable works||UNNS-The Captivation|
Early life and educationEdit
Saxena was born on April 5, 1985 at Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh. His father, Umesh, is a senior bank officer with UCO Bank. He did his Engineering from Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
Saxena started writing blogs in the year 2011 and his blog was covered by national mainstream media outlets like The Times of India on a couple of occasions.
He often credits his father and the readers of his blog for pushing him into the world of fiction novels
Saxena then started working on his novel Finders, Keepers which was launched in January 2015 at Bhubaneshwar. The launch as covered by The New Indian Express and was attended by Padma Shri Prafulla Kar and eminent novelist Santanu Kumar Acharya and noted ghazal singer Subhashish Panigrahi.
The book received mostly positive reviews from eminent journalists and reviewers.
Samata Dey from IndiaCafe said "Sapan offered a very interesting story, where not only the plot but the atmosphere and the scenario the plot is based in, becomes the primal focus too. Some simple yet very confusing questions are asked in the different parts of the book which are related to the famous historical figures which is mind boggling".
Rendition of Jabra FanEdit
In March 2016, Saxena did a homemade rendition of Shah Rukh Khan's then yet to be released movie Fan. The video was released on his Youtube account and was immediately picked up by various media portals
Saxena mentions "The book is a romantic espionage thriller with a basic theme of the Sufi-inspired seven stages of love" when asked about the book. He also mentions the title UNNS is actually the 2nd stage of love as per Sufi traditions.
In an interview with UC News, Sapan mentions "UNNS is a romantic espionage thriller.". Sapan also mentions in his interview with Hindustan Times that "The story finds inspiration from some stories of that the author witnessed during his education days."
- "Leadstart Publishing".
- "Sapan Saxena". Goodreads.
- "Inspire India". 11 February 2016.
- "Spandan sets pulses racing at MNNIT".
- "Techie's Journey: From blogger to writer".
- "Thriller Mystery Book Released". 8 March 2015. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- "New author's first novel released in city". 8 March 2015. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- "MNNIT cultural fiesta Culrav starts". 3 April 2015. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "What's inside". 17 April 2015. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "My Story Pushed Me Towards Writing Itself".
- Dey, Samata (25 March 2015). "An insight to the world of myths and facts". Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Fan Tales: Forget all Dubsmashes, this Shah Rukh Khan fan re-creating Jabra is the best thing ever!".
- "UNNS THE CAPTIVATION (BOOK LAUNCH)".
- "Launch of Novel Unns-The Captivation".
- "Research Is The Key For My Books – Sapan Saxena".
- "Conversation with Sapan Saxena".
- "For the Love of Art: Author Interview: Sapan Saxena". c.mp.ucweb.com.
- "Lucknowite Sapan's second fiction out on stand".