Salem Radio Network
|Availability||National, through regional affiliates|
|Slogan||Programming That Delivers.|
|Owner||Salem Media Group|
Salem operates mostly four radio formats: Christian talk and teaching (transmitted on AM in some areas and on FM in others), Contemporary Christian music (transmitted mostly on FM stations), conservative News/Talk format (transmitted on AM stations), and Christian Teaching (transmitted on AM stations).
Contemporary Christian Music is transmitted full-time on most stations, but in areas where Salem has a limited number of stations it is transmitted only part-time in morning and afternoon drive times on weekdays and weekend afternoons. Where Salem only has one FM station (WAVA in Washington, D.C. and WORD-FM in Pittsburgh), CCM is transmitted on weekends, with talk and teaching on weekdays. Most CCM stations play music full-time and do not sell blocks of time to religious organizations except sometimes on Sunday mornings.
Christian Talk, comprising talk shows where listeners call in and participate in the show, is transmitted during weekdays in some areas, and only in drive times in others. The rest of the day is filled with blocks of time ranging from a few minutes to an hour sold to churches and Christian organizations.
Conservative Talk (branded in most markets as “The Answer” since 2014) transmits full-time on a commercial basis. These stations only sell advertisement time, not blocks of time like Christian Talk counterparts (though brokered programming may be offered on weekends as secular stations often do). Some of these stations have religious programs on Sunday mornings.
The teaching format relies on selling blocks of time to organizations full-time. These stations offer diverse religious features such as church services, political and religious interview features, Christian family life programs, and children's shows. Music (exclusively Christian) is only transmitted by a few of these stations at times during the weekend.
The company's Salem Radio Network subsidiary produces several talk radio shows and a 24-hour news service that are distributed to more than 2,000 radio affiliates around the country.
- Hugh Hewitt
- Mike Gallagher
- Dennis Prager
- Sebastian Gorka
- Larry Elder
- Eric Metaxas
- Joe Walsh
- Cal Thomas (short-form commentary)
- Lou Dobbs (short-form commentary)
- David Leach (short-form commentary)
- Jerry Stewart's One Moment in America (short-form commentary)
- Mark Davis
- Townhall.com Weekend Journal
- Bill Gaither's Homecoming
- The Dirt Doctor with Howard Garrett
- Big Billy Kinder Outdoors
- Armed American Radio
- The Forever Young Radio Show
- The World and Everything in It
- Steve Brown Etc.
- The Christian Outlook
- Aaron Klein's Investigative Radio (limited syndication)
- The Cat's Roundtable with John Catsimatidis (limited syndication)
- EggMan Ronnie James (multiple shows) (limited syndication)
The satellite feed for Salem's general market programming can be heard on the CRN Digital Talk Radio Networks, on CRN3.
SRN also operates a satellite format program. The division known as "Salem Music Network" operates three satellite-driven networks. These feeds are mostly for stations in small and mid-size markets or HD Radio sub-channel use. Affiliates can operate these stations with a computer and satellite hookup.
|Singing News Radio||Southern Gospel Music|
|The Word In Praise||Traditional Worship Music|
|The Fish (Today's Christian Music)||Contemporary Christian|
|The Answer (General Market Talk)||Conservative Talk|
Other network holdingsEdit
|FamilyTalk||Christian Talk||Only on XM Satellite Radio|
- "SRN Talk - Salem Media Group". salem.cc.
- "ChristianityToday, "Making Airwaves", 2/26/07". Retrieved 2007-10-11.
- "General Market Talk Show Hosts - SRN Talk Formats - Salem Media Group". salem.cc.
- "Sebastian Gorka to Launch Nationally Syndicated Radio Show with Salem Radio Network". AP NEWS. 8 November 2018.
- "Wednesday, February 8, 2017". TALKERS.COM. 2017-02-08. Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- "Hugh Hewitt, Larry Elder in Salem Radio Network Shake-Up".