This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Săpânța (Romanian pronunciation: [səˈpɨnt͡sa]; Hungarian: Szaplonca; Slovak: Sapunka; Yiddish: Spinka or Shpinka) is a commune in Maramureș County in northern Romania, 15 kilometers northwest of Sighet and just south of the Tisza River. It is composed of a single village, Săpânța.
|Area||139.17 km2 (53.73 sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Merry Cemetery, unique in Europe
- Photos of Săpânța
- More about Maramureș and the Merry Cemetery
- New York Times Article: In Merry Cemetery, Romanians' lives in carvings and verse
- More photo sources with Google search " Merry Cemetery, Romania "
- Photos of Săpânța-Peri Monastery
- Săpânța - o destinatie surpriză
|This Maramureș County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|