Rowing at the 1968 Summer Olympics – Men's coxless pair
|Men's coxless pair|
at the Games of the XIX Olympiad
|Competitors||36 from 18 nations|
This rowing competition consisted of three main rounds (heats, semifinals, and finals), as well as a repechage round that allowed teams that did not win their heats to advance to the semifinals. All races were 2,000 metres in distance.
- Heats: Three heats. With 18 boats entered, there were six boats per heat. The top two boats in each heat (total of 6 boats) advanced directly to the semifinals; all other boats (12 boats) went to the repechage.
- Repechage: Two heats. There were 6 boats in each heat. The top three boats in each heat (total of 6 boats) advanced to the semifinals. The remaining boats (6 boats) were eliminated.
- Semifinals: Two heats. Each heat consisted of 6 boats. The top three boats in each heat advanced to the final; the other three boats in each heat were sent to a 7th–12th place classification race.
- Finals: A main final and a 7th–12th place classification race.
The first heat featured 4 of the 6 eventual finalists, including the gold and bronze medalists.
Repechage heat 1Edit
Repechage heat 2Edit
- "Rowing at the 1968 Mexico City Summer Games: Men's Coxless Pairs". Sports Reference. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 16 August 2018.