Roßleben is a town and a former municipality in the Kyffhäuserkreis district, with a population of 4,885 (2017). It is located in Thuringia, Germany. Since 1 January 2019, it is part of the town Roßleben-Wiehe. It is situated on the river Unstrut, 22 km southeast of Sangerhausen.
Ortsteil of Roßleben-Wiehe
|• Total||33.42 km2 (12.90 sq mi)|
|Elevation||119 m (390 ft)|
|• Density||150/km2 (380/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
From 1999 with districts
Data source: Statistical office Thuringia
Sons and daughters of the townEdit
- Fritz Hofmann, (1871-1927), athlete, sprinter, winner of the first medal for Germany at the Olympic Games 1896 in Athens
- Hugo Launicke, (1909-1975), antifascist and SED politician.
- Werner Heine (born 1935), footballer
- Richard Hüttig (1908-1934), communist, hanged on June 14, 1934 in Berlin-Plötzensee
- Johannes Steinhoff (1913-1994), fighter pilot in the Second World War, general and inspector of the Luftwaffe in the Federal Republic of Germany
|This Kyffhäuserkreis location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|