Riders Share (RidersShare, Inc.) is a peer-to-peer motorcycle sharing community based in Austin, Texas. The company matches underused motorcycles with vetted riders that want to rent them. Riders Share uses machine learning to screen riders, supplies owners with insurance policies, and offers roadside assistance to their renters.
As of 2021, Riders Share has a community of 80,000 registered users and over 15,000 members have rented their motorcycles on the platform. They carry a large selection of motorcycles including brands like BMW, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Indian Motorcycle, and Can-Am.
Their mission is to make motorcycles affordable by creating extra income for people who want to rent their bikes and by helping more than 20 million ex-riders in the United States get back on the road.
In 2020,The company moved its headquarters to Austin, Texas. Riders Share raised 2 million dollars with LiveOak Venture Partners as the lead investor. Previously, the company raised $970,000 from Texas HALO Fund, Edgebrook Partners, Techstars, and private investors.
In 2021, Riders Share launched their membership service Rider Pass. Riders can purchase an annual membership to receive discounts on their rentals.
Riders Share runs its own insurance company that uses machine learning to identify the cost of insuring individual rentals. The company partners with insurance company Lloyd's of London to offer liability coverage to riders.
- Skwarczek, Matthew (2021-03-09). "Riders Share Wants Motorcycle Rentals To Bring in New Riders". MotorBiscuit. Retrieved 2022-01-05.
- "Riders Share". www.riders-share.com. Retrieved 2022-01-05.
- Staff, Rider Magazine (2021-07-21). "Riders Share Will Pay You to Buy More Motorcycles | Rider Magazine". ridermagazine.com. Retrieved 2021-12-27.
- Hawkins, Lori. "Austin's Riders Share raises $2M for motorcycle rental platform". Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved 2021-12-27.
- Hawkins, Lori. "Austin's Riders Share raises $2M for motorcycle rental platform". Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved 2022-01-05.
- "Riders Share Raises $2M to Drive Growth in Motorcycle Rental Platform | Built In Austin". www.builtinaustin.com. Retrieved 2021-12-27.