|Full name||Rex Allen Caldwell|
|Born||May 5, 1950|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg; 16.1 st)|
|Residence||San Antonio, Texas|
|College||San Fernando Valley State College|
|Former tour(s)||PGA Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Best results in major championships|
|Masters Tournament||T11: 1984|
|PGA Championship||3rd: 1979|
|U.S. Open||CUT: 1981, 1984, 1985|
|The Open Championship||CUT: 1982|
Caldwell played on the PGA Tour from 1972 to 1990. His best year in professional golf was 1983 when he teamed with John Cook to win at the World Cup. He also had six top-10 finishes that year in PGA Tour events which included a win at the LaJet Coors Classic and four solo 2nd or T-2 finishes. His best finish in a major was third place at the 1979 PGA Championship. He has more than $1.3 million in career earnings.
Caldwell has played on several other tours during his regular and senior careers including the Mexican Tour, Texas Tour, Sunbelt Senior Tour and the Heartland Players Senior Tour. He lives in San Antonio, Texas with his wife, JoAnn.
Professional wins (4)Edit
PGA Tour wins (1)Edit
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of victory||Runner-up|
|1||Sep 25, 1983||LaJet Coors Classic||–6 (68-72-76-66=282)||1 stroke||Lee Trevino|
PGA Tour playoff record (0–2)
|1||1983||Bob Hope Desert Classic||Keith Fergus||Lost to par on first extra hole|
|2||1983||Phoenix Open|| Bob Gilder, Johnny Miller
|Gilder won with birdie on eighth extra hole|
Miller and O'Meara eliminated with birdie on second hole
Other wins (2)Edit
Senior wins (1)Edit
- Hollywood Casino Senior Classic (Heartland Players Senior Tour)
Results in major championshipsEdit
|The Open Championship||CUT|
DQ = disqualified
CUT = missed the half-way cut (3rd round cut in 1982 Open Championship)
"T" indicates a tie for a place
|The Open Championship||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
- Most consecutive cuts made – 3 (twice)
- Longest streak of top-10s – 1
U.S. national team appearancesEdit
- World Cup: 1983 (winners)
- "Rex Caldwell Player Profile". Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "1983 Stats from PGA Tour's official site". Archived from the original on 2011-05-25. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- Ducibella, Jim (July 14, 1996). "He'll laugh all the way to the bank, win or lose Rex Caldwell closes in on his best tour payday in years". The Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved 2007-10-29.