The Resources and Energy Sector Infrastructure Council (RESIC) was created by the State Government of South Australia in 2007 to support the development of future infrastructure projects. It was a small group of senior executives selected to represent the industry and public sector's leaders. The council facilitates close working relationships between private and public sectors on infrastructure planning and development matters and aims to foster cooperation between companies to maximize the value of proposed infrastructure and minimize unnecessary duplication.
RESIC initiated a Resource and Energy Infrastructure Demand Study in 2011, which led to the development of a Regional Mining and Infrastructure Plan, prepared by Deloitte. The plan recommended the establishment of a Resource Infrastructure Taskforce (RIT).
Membership as of October 2014:
Past members of RESIC include the following:
- Paul J Dowd, Phoenix Copper
- Hans Umlauff, Iluka Resources
- Jim White, OneSteel & Centrex Metals
- Jim Hallion, Department of Transport, Energy & Infrastructure
- Brian Cunningham, Department of Trade & Economic Development
- Rod Hook, Department of Transport, Energy & Infrastructure
- Dean Dalla Valle, BHP Billiton
- Lewis Owens, Country Arts Trust & SA Water
- Merrill Gray, Syngas Limited
- Lance Worrall, Department Trade and Economic Development
- Trish White, Worley Parsons
- Mick Wilkes, Oz Minerals
- Reg Nelson, Beach Petroleum
- Raymond Garrand, Government of South Australia
- Darnbrough, Jessica (21 April 2008). "South Australia or bust". Australian Mining. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Resources & Energy Sector Infrastructure Council". Department of State Development. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Minerals | Resources and Energy Sector Infrastructure Council". minerals.statedevelopment.sa.gov.au. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "Minerals & Energy Advisory Council". Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "RESIC Membership". Department of State Development. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "A report on the achievements and deliverables of RESIC 2007-2013" (PDF). Government of South Australia. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Resources and Energy Sector Infrastructure Council (RESIC): A report on the achievements and deliverables of RESIC - a partnership between government and industry providing advice to the South Australian Government on the resource sector's infrastructure requirements: Working toward integrated, cost competitive infrastructure that meets the future requirements of the resources and energy sectors, 2007–2013" (PDF). Government of South Australia. April 2014.