Paul Sinclair Heithersay public servant employed by the Government of South Australia. He is the chief executive of the Department for Energy and Mining. He was appointed to this role by the recently elected Liberal government in June 2018.is a
|Employer||Government of South Australia|
|Title||Chief executive of the Department for Energy and Mining|
|Awards||Public Service Medal (2012)|
Prior to that he had been deputy chief executive of the Department of State Development (previously known as DMITRE) since July 2014. He was the chief executive of the Olympic Dam Task Force, to which he was appointed in December 2010. He is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the State Government's interaction with BHP Billiton, which owns the Olympic Dam copper, gold and uranium mine. Heithersay joined the public service in 2002 after 20 years of working for the mining companies North Limited and Geopeko. His first role for the government was as executive director of the Geological Survey of South Australia within Department of Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA).
Heithersay received a Public Service Medal for his work in the South Australian mineral resource sector in the 2012 Queen's Birthday Honours. He was elected a fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences (ATSE) in November that year.
In October 2013 Heithersay received the annual ResourceStocks magazine Legend in Mining award for his role in increasing investment in South Australian energy and mineral resources. This award acknowledged his role in the development of the PACE 2020 program (Program for Accelerated Exploration) and the establishment of DMITRE as a single access point for investors in the resources sector.
- "Department for Energy and Mining". sa.gov.au. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "All filled but one: the SA premier nears end of purge backfill". The Mandarin. 29 June 2018. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board – Dr Paul Heithersay". www.defence.gov.au (Woomera Prohibited Area Coordination Office). Australian Government – Department of Defence. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Paul Heithersay". International Mining and Resources Conference+Expo 2020. Beacon Events. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "Public Service Medal (PSM) entry for Dr Paul Sinclair HEITHERSAY". It's an Honour, Australian Honours Database. Canberra, Australia: Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 11 June 2012. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
For outstanding public service to the growth and development of the mineral resources in South Australia.
- "Legend in Mining Award recognises senior South Australian executive". www.investinaustralia.com. Invest in Australia. 1 November 2013. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Legend in Mining Award recognises senior South Australian executive". Department of State Development. Government of South Australia. 1 November 2013. Archived from the original on 9 March 2015. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "Dr Paul Heithersay". University of South Australia. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Institute for Mineral and Energy Resources – The IMER Board". www.adelaide.edu.au. The University of Adelaide. Archived from the original on 17 October 2014. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Resource Industry Development Board – Members of RIDB". Government of South Australia. Archived from the original on 10 September 2014. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "About > RESA Board". RESA. Retrieved 10 September 2014.