Centrex Metals Limited is an Australian resources exploration and mining company.
|Peter Hunt (Chairman)|
Robert Mencel (Managing Director)
Founded in 2001, Centrex Metals was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 2006 with the aim of developing several iron ore projects on the Eyre Peninsula, South Australia. It also had interests in Western Australia and Queensland.
Subsequently, the company sold off its South Australian assets, dissolved its joint ventures, and repositioned itself to be an organic fertiliser producer. The proposed site of Port Spencer, the company's original intended export point for Eyre Peninsula iron ore, was sold to prospective grain exporters, Free Eyre in 2019. The sale included the port's development plans and approvals which have since been amended and optimised for grain handling by Peninsula Ports.
Centrex Metals acquired the Oxley potassium project, 125 kilometres (78 miles) south-east of the port of Geraldton, Western Australia in 2015, and the Ardmore phosphate rock project, 130 kilometres (81 miles) south of Mount Isa, Queensland, in 2017.
The Ardmore project is the company's principal operation. It is based on a shallow, high-grade phosphate deposit. As of 2021, the company had begun small-scale production, planning to ramp up significantly by the end of 2024.
The project at Oxley is based on a 32 kilometres (20 miles) globally rare ultrapotassic lava flow, dominantly composed of potassium feldspar. As of 2021, the company was seeking a partner to advance it to the next stage.
- Company History Centrex Metals
- Centrex Metals Limited: Admission to Official List Australian Securities Exchange 18 July 2006
- Spence, Andrew (30 August 2021). "Iron ore company targets organic farmers". InDaily. Solstice Media. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- Sale of Port Spencer Land Holding Centrex Metals 31 December 2018
- Fogden, Alisha (5 June 2019). "Land bought for new EP port". Stock Journal (in Australian English). Retrieved 2 September 2021.
- Aussie SSP shores up shaky supply chain Farm Weekly 23 September 2017
- Ardmore Centrex Metals
- Oxley Centrex Metals
- Goulburn Centrex Metals