Ramya Subramanian, also known as VJ Ramya, is an Indian film actress and television host, who has worked in the Tamil film industry.
Ramya at Aadai trailer launch
(m. 2014; div. 2015)
Ramya participated in the Miss Chennai competition in 2004. She subsequently went on to host television shows, including Kalakkapovadhu Yaaru?, Ungalil Yaar Adutha Prabhudeva?, Namma Veetu Kalyanam and Kedi Boys Killadi Girls on STAR Vijay. She revealed post-marriage, that she would cut down on television commitments and become more choosy with her work.
In 2015, she appeared as Dulquer Salmaan's friend, Ananya, in Mani Ratnam's O Kadhal Kanmani. In the same year, she became an RJ at BIG FM 92.7. She was on the covers of WE Magazine's fitness special issue for the month of August 2019.
Ramya was born in Chennai. She completed her schooling in PSBB till 10th and continued her 11th and 12th in Adarsh Vidyalaya. She received a BSc in Visual Communication at MOP Vaishnav College, Chennai, and has a master's degree in journalism and mass communication.
She married Aparjith Jayaraman in 2014, and the couple separated in 2015.
- All films are in Tamil, unless otherwise noted.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2007||Mozhi||Pannaiyar's daughter||Uncredited role|
|2015||O Kadhal Kanmani||Ananya|
|Massu Engira Masilamani||Reporter|
|2019||Game Over||Varsha||Bilingual film (Tamil and Telugu)|
- Nikhil Raghavan. "ShotCuts: What a brainwave!". The Hindu. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "I am choosy about my work now: Ramya". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "Ramya Subramanian moves to big screen". Sify. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "VJ Ramya reveals she accepted OK Kanmani because of Mani Ratnam". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "பிக் எஃப் எம் ரேடியோ ஜாக்கியானார் விஜய் டிவி ரம்யா". tamil.oneindia.com. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "Ramya is an RJ now - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "Ramya Subramanian Exclusive Photoshoot". We Magazine. 7 August 2019. Retrieved 8 August 2019.
- "VJ Ramya confirms ending marriage". The Times of India. 12 September 2015. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramya Subramanian.|