Ram Madhvani is an Indian film director known for his works in Hindi cinema and television advertising. In recognition of his contributions to advertising Ram was honoured with the Teachers Achievement Award (2004–2005). 
Madhvani at the screening of Sonata
In 2006 he won a bronze and a silver lion at Cannes for the Happy Dent White commercial. The film also won him Best Director, Best Film and Best Production Design at the Asia Pacific awards. Happy Dent has also been voted one of the Top 20 commercials of the millennium by the Gunn Report. The only Indian advertisement on that list, and was ranked number 11 in the most awarded Directors by the Gunn report. In February 2015, Ram set off on his next adventure with the aviation drama biographical film Neerja, on "Head Purser" Neerja Bhanot With Sonam Kapoor playing the lead; under Fox Star Studios. The film was released on 19 February 2016 with critical appreciation, and positive reviews.
In 2007, Aamir Khan asked Ram to direct the "Bheja kum" song for his film Taare Zameen Par. In 2012, Ram was again approached by Aamir Khan to direct the official theme song video for his TV series Satyamev Jayate. In 2011, an advertisement he directed for Hippo Baked Munchies won a Silver for best Direction in the Film Craft awards at Adfest Bangkok.
In 2011 Ram was President of the Jury for Film Craft at Adfest Bangkok. Ram has also made his mark as a director outside of advertising. His debut feature film Let’s Talk premiered at the Locarno Film Festival. It then went on to win the Screen "Best Actor" award and "Best Debut Director" at the Gollapudi Srinivas Awards. Ram’s documentary, Everlasting Light, showcased Indian movie star Amitabh Bachchan, at the Lincoln Center in New York. Richard Peña, Director of the Lincoln Center, wrote: "It is rare that a film on an artist is itself a work of art."
- "Neerja movie review: Best tribute to India's daughter by director Ram Madhvani". deccanchronicle.com/.
- Bollywood Hungama. "The whole industry wants to make a film with Ram Madhvani and he wants to make a film with me - Sonam Kapoor - Latest Movie Features - Bollywood Hungama".
- http://www.afaqs.com/news/interviews/data/194.html[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 March 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Ram Madhvani". Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved 14 April 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Neerja's family refused rights to many, showed faith in us: Ram Madhvani". The Indian Express. 18 February 2016.