|• Total||192.64 km2 (74.38 sq mi)|
|• Density||830/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Puthia|
Puthia is located at. It has 30484 households and total area 192.64 km2. This is a historical & traditional place in Bangladesh for Puthia Rajbari & Shiva Temple Complex.
According to 2011 Bangladesh census, Puthia had a population of 207,490. Males constituted 50.64% of the population and females 49.36%. Muslims formed 93.93% of the population, Hindus 5.27%, Christians 0.48% and others 0.33%. Puthia had a literacy rate of 49.58% for the population 7 years and above.
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Puthia has a population of 342,405. Males constitute 51.16% of the population, and females 48.84%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 81679. Puthia has an average literacy rate of 25.5% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Puthia Upazila is divided into Puthia Municipality and six union parishads: Baneshwar, Belpukuria, Bhalukgachhi, Jeopara, Puthia, and Silmaria. The union parishads are subdivided into 128 mauzas and 183 villages.
- AKM Kaisaruzzaman (2012), "Puthia Upazila", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal (ed.), Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Rajshahi" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- "District Statistics 2011: Rajshahi" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Official website (in Bengali)