Pushpavanam Kuppusamy is a Tamil folk singer, lyricist, writer and music composer of Tamil folk art. He has been credited for reviving the Naatupura Paatu a Tamil folk art. Together with his wife Anitha Kuppusamy, he has conducted several music concerts of Tamil folk songs. Kuppuswamy is also a playback singer. The couple have together brought out several albums of authentic Tamil folk music. He has also written books on Tamil Folk songs. He appears on Television Channels like Sun TV, Vijay TV, and Makkal TV performing musical shows. He is a recipient of Kalaimamani award from the Government of Tamil Nadu.
|Origin||Tamil Nadu, India|
|Genres||Tamil Folk Art, Playback singer|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, author|
Kuppusamy studied music at Madras University and gained M.A., M. Phil., Ph.,D.,in music. He got PhD from Queen Mary's College, Chennai. Sathyabhama University gave Honorary Doctorate to Kuppusamy for his contribution to music.
His songs were simple and intense and brought out the imagery of Tamil culture beautifully in simple words.
- Mannu Manakkadhu song
- Mann Vaasam
- Mann Osai
- Karisal Mann
- Solam Vedhaikkayile
- Meham Karukkudhadi
- Kalathu Medu
- Gramathu Geetham
- Adiyathi Dance Dance
- Thanjavooru Manneduthu
- Nattuppura Manam
- Anjumalai Azhagan
- Aatha Vaara
- Kandhan Thiruneeru
- Megam Karukuthadi
- Ayyanin Periya Paathai
- Siruvar Padalgal
- Pazhamozhikkadhaigal Volume 1 & 2
- Kuzhandhaippadalgal Volume 1
As Playback singerEdit
|2002||Solla Marantha Kathai||Thangar Bachan|
- "Transcending boundaries". The Hindu. 6 July 2009. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- Sherinian, Zoe C. (6 January 2014). Tamil Folk Music as Dalit Liberation Theology. Indiana University Press. ISBN 978-0-253-00585-4.
- "My First Break – Anitha Kuppusamy". The Hindu. 28 August 2009. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "Pushpavanam Kuppuswamy| Lakshman Sruthi – 100% Manual Orchestra |". www.lakshmansruthi.com. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- 100010509524078 (17 December 2019). "Narrating the power of Tamil folk poetry through songs, dance". dtNext.in. Retrieved 10 November 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)