This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Puregold Price Club, Inc. or simply Puregold (stylized as PUREGOLD) is a chain of supermarkets in the Philippines, founded in September 8, 1998 by Chinese Filipino businessman Lucio Co and opened its first branch in Mandaluyong City on December 12, 1998. It has grown into a retail chain with more than 300 stores nationwide.
|Public (PSE: PGOLD)|
|Founded||September 8, 1998|
|Headquarters||Ermita, Manila, Philippines|
Number of locations
|300+ (as of May 2018)|
|Owner||Capital Group Companies (5.4%)|
In 2012, Puregold acquired Kareila Management Corp., which owns S&R Membership Shopping and Parco. Over 19 operating outlets were purchased and converted to Puregold. The shareholders of the retail chain Puregold have approved the merger of the other two operating units into the parent company, consolidating Puregold's supermarket businesses under the publicly listed supermarket operator.
In February 2013, global investment firm Capital Group Companies (CGC) bought 5.4% total outstanding stock of Puregold.
In May 2014, Puregold formed a joint venture with Japanese convenience store chain Lawson under the name PG Lawson Inc. Puregold owns 70% of the venture and they opened their first branch in Sta. Ana, Manila on March 30, 2015. 
- "Board of Directors - Puregold". Puregold.com.ph. Retrieved January 4, 2017.
- Maierbrugger, Arno (February 27, 2013). "German, US firms bank on Philippines". Investvine.com. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- "Puregold IPO cited as 2011 Best Mid-Cap IPO by FinanceAsia". Philstar.com. February 13, 2012. Retrieved February 28, 2019.
- "Press release" (PDF). pse.com.ph. Retrieved June 23, 2019.
- Lucas, Daxim L. (May 28, 2012). "Puregold buys Parco supermarket chain". Inquirer.net. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- "Puregold consolidates supermarket businesses". BusinessWorld. November 23, 2012. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- "We have set to open the first LAWSON Store in the Philippines on March 30th". Lawson.jp. March 26, 2015. Retrieved June 23, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Puregold.|