Princess Rym al-Ali
Princess Rym al-Ali (born 1969) is the Algerian wife of Prince Ali bin Hussein of Jordan, whom she married on September 7, 2004. She is the daughter of Lakhdar Brahimi, former Algerian Minister for Foreign Affairs and senior UN official. Her mother, Mila Bacic, is of half-Croatian and half-Armenian descent. She was raised in Great Britain and Algeria, and was educated in France and the United States.
|Born||1969 (age 50–51)|
Prince Ali bin Hussein (m. 2004)
|House||Hashemite (by marriage)|
- BA in geography and an MA in English literature at the Sorbonne University in Paris - graduated with honors in 1990
- MPhil in political science at the Institut d'Études Politiques de Paris in Paris in 1991
- Master's degree at Graduate School of Journalism, concentrating on international reporting - Columbia University in 1994
Earlier in her career she worked at United Nations Bureaus of the BBC World Service, the United Press International, Dubai TV, Bloomberg International, Radio Monte Carlo Moyen Orient and CNN (London).
- In April 2011 Princess Rym Ali received a prestigious award from the Columbia University School of Journalism. The Alumni Awards are presented annually for a distinguished journalism career, an outstanding journalistic achievement, or a notable contribution to journalism education.
- In July 2011, was awarded the “Best International Journalist” prize at the 32nd Ischia International Journalism Awards Ceremony, one of the most prestigious journalistic awards in Italy.
- In September 20, 2011, Princess Rym Ali was decorated with French Knight of the Legion of Honour by French Ambassador to Jordan.
- In October 2012, she was awarded the Global Thinkers Forum 2012 Award for Excellence in Media for her exceptional work with the Jordan Media Institute (JMI).
- In November 2013, she was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Letters by the United Kingdom’s Coventry University for her contribution to the field of journalism and media, and her role in establishing the Jordan Media Institute (JMI).
- In April 5, 2018, she was decorated as Grand Officer of the Order of Prince Henry the Navigator by The Portuguese President, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa for her efforts in the field of culture and intercultural exchange.
- "2013-Her Royal Highness Princess Rym Ali - Coventry University". alumni.coventry.ac.uk.
- "Jordan's Prince Ali to wed CNN reporter". hellomagazine.com. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan". Archived from the original on 2008-12-07. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "Board of Commissioners". Royal Film Commission (Jordan). Retrieved 2008-11-28.[dead link]
- "Her Royal High Princess Rym Al Ali". HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein. Archived from the original on 2008-09-17. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "Mr. Shigenobu Kato, Ambassador of Japan, delivered a speech at the graduation ceremony of the animation workshop on 27 January 2008". Embassy of Japan in Jordan. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "New Projects Submitted to the IPDC" (PDF). IPDC Bureau. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- "International Journalism Award to Princess Rym Ali". Jordan Media Institute. 18 July 2011. Archived from the original on 6 August 2011. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Princess Rym Ali Receives Honorary Degree from Coventry University".
- "Portuguese President Honors HRH Princess Rym Ali".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Princess Rym.|