Princess Maria Beatrice of Savoy
|Princess Maria Beatrice|
Maria Beatrice of Savoy with Maurizio Arena in 1967
|Born||2 February 1943|
Quirinal Palace, Rome, Kingdom of Italy
Luis Rafael Reyna-Corvalán y Dillon (m. 1970)
|Issue||Rafael Reyna-Corvalán y de Saboya|
Patrizio Reyna-Corvalán y de Saboya
Azaea Reyna-Corvalán y de Saboya
|Father||Umberto II of Italy|
|Mother||Princess Marie-José of Belgium|
Princess Maria Beatrice of Savoy
|Reference style||Her Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
|Italian royal family|
Born Principessa Maria Beatrice Elena Margherita Ludovica Caterina Romana di Savoia, she was the third daughter as well as the fourth and last child of the Prince and Princess of Piedmont, known as "Titi" to family and friends. When she was three years old, her father ruled Italy as Umberto II for slightly over a month, from 9 May 1946 to 12 June 1946. The family was then exiled and briefly gathered in Portugal, where her parents decided to separate. She and her siblings went with their mother to Switzerland while their father remained in the Portuguese Riviera.
Marriage and childrenEdit
Princess Maria Beatrice attempted to marry Italian actor Maurizio Arena in 1967 but was prevented by her family, who filed a lawsuit claiming that she was mentally unfit to marry. The lawsuit was dropped in early 1968 when the relationship ended.
Titi married Luis Rafael Reyna-Corvalán y Dillon (born 18 April 1939 in Córdoba, Argentina – died 17 February 1999 in Cuernavaca, Mexico), son of Cesar Augusto Reyna-Corvalán and Amalia Maria Dillon Calvo, on 1 April 1970 in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. They were also married in a religious ceremony on January 1971 in Córdoba, Argentina. They separated in 1995 and were divorced in 1998.
The couple had three children:
- Rafael Humberto Lupo Corvalán-Reyna y de Saboya (born 21 September 1970 in Mexico City, Mexico, died 29 April 1994 in Boston, Massachusetts), engaged in a relationship with Margaret Beatty Tyler (b.1966) with whom he had one daughter born posthumously:
- Uriel Tyler (1994)
- Patrizio Corvalán-Reyna y de Saboya (1971–1971), died shortly after birth.
- Azaea Beatrice Corvalán-Reyna y de Saboya (born 11 November 1973 in New York City, USA), married Arturo Pando y Mundet (1973) in 1996 in Mexico. Now divorced and has one daughter:
- Marie José Pando y Corvalán-Reyna (born 23 July 1996 in Mexico City, Mexico).
For some time, her mother lived with her and her children in Mexico.
|Ancestors of Princess Maria Beatrice of Savoy|
- "Princess Won't Wed". The Spokesman-Review. 14 November 1967. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Love!". The Windsor Star. 28 November 1967. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Suit Withdrawn". Reading Eagle. 14 January 1968. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- https://www.libertaddigital.com/chic/corazon/2016-03-07/la-desgraciada-vida-de-la-princesa-titi-de-saboya-1276569308/ Retrieved Dec 16, 2018.
- Descendants of King Louis Philippe I of the French (first part). angelfire.com
- Roger Clark (18 February 1995). "CABBAGES & KINGS – Arts & Entertainment". The Independent. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Silencio y misterio en el asesinato del ex diplomático" [Silence and mystery in the assassination of former diplomat]. Clarín (in Spanish). Buenos Aries. 19 February 1999. Archived from the original on 17 August 2017. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Princess Maria Beatrice of Savoy.|