This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Preeti Shenoy is an Indian author. She has been consistently nominated for the Forbes List of the 100 most influential celebrities in India since 2013. Preeti received the Indian of the Year award by Brands Academy. She has also received Business excellence award instituted by New Delhi Management Institute.
Author Preeti Shenoy
|Born||21 December 1971|
Daily News and Analysis has described her as a "keenly observant mind", and The Times of India describes her writing as "excellent storytelling skills". Cosmopolitan has described her as "one of India's most popular authors", also she is the only woman in India's highest selling league.
- 34 Bubblegums and Candies
34 Bubblegums and Candies is a collection of short, real-life incidents that have inspired Preeti Shenoy in the course of her life. Using the analogy of bubblegums and candies, the title alludes to the various facets of life that go by unnoticed. Humorous and engaging, the book takes you through 34 real-life incidents covering a variety of characters.
- Life Is What You Make It
The second book by Shenoy, Life Is What You Make It, was published on 1 January 2011 and became a national bestseller. The book has also featured in the "Top Books of 2011", a Nielsen list, which is released by the Hindustan Times. The book was also selected as one of the all-time bestsellers of 2011 by the Times of India.
- Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake
Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake was published by RHI on 1 February 2012. It is a story of an average woman and her average life full of imperfections. But amidst these imperfections lies an extraordinary story of an ordinary girl.
- The Secret Wish List
- The One You Cannot Have
Preeti Shenoy's fifth book, The One You Cannot Have was released in November 2013. The story revolves around Aman, Anjali and Shruti who are in search of true love from one other.
- It Happens for a Reason
In December 2014, she released yet another fiction novel, It Happens for a Reason, the story of a single mother Vipasha.
- Why We Love The Way We Do
The book Why We Love The Way We Do is a collection of essays on relationships.
- It's All in the Planet's
It's All in the Planet's was published in September 2016. It is the story of Aniket, whose life revolves around two women, Trisha, his girlfriend and Nidhi, who is thirty-two and who has quit her corporate job to follow her passion.
- A Hundred Little Flames
A Hundred Little Flames was released in November 2017. Preeti's first novel set outside the urban context of an Indian city, it is the story of Ayan, a young boy brought up in Bahrain.
- Love A Little Stronger
Love A Little Stronger was released on 27 April 2018. Shenoy is revisiting 34 Bubble Gums and Candies and adding perspective to.
- The Rule Breakers
The Rule Breakers is a Story of a young ambitious girl who was married in her early 20s, who was moved to Pune with her husband and mother-in -law, and faces change in life. The novel is very sensitive about the various issues faced in Indian society. Released on 17 sept 2018.
Wake Up, Life is Calling
Preeti Shenoy's compelling sequel to the iconic bestseller ‘Life is What You Make it’ chronicles the resilience of the human mind and the immense power of positive thinking. The gripping narrative demonstrates with gentle wisdom how by changing our thoughts we can change our life itself.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
During her school years, Shenoy studied in different Kendriya Vidyalaya in India. Shenoy's is also a self-taught artist who paints with water colours and oils, and also works with mixed media.
- — (2008). 34 Bubblegums and Candies. Srishti Publishers. ISBN 978-81-88575-68-8.
- — (2011). Life is What You Make it. Srishti Publishers & Distributors. ISBN 978-93-80349-30-5.
- — (2012). Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake. Random House Publishers India Pvt. Limited. ISBN 978-81-8400-127-3.
- — (2012). The Secret Wish List. Westland Limited. ISBN 978-93-82618-18-8.
- — (2013). The One You Cannot Have. Westland Limited. ISBN 978-93-83260-68-3.
- — (2014). It Happens for a Reason. Westland Limited. ISBN 978-93-84030-74-2.
- — (2015). Love, Kisses and All Things Warm. Westland Limited. ISBN 978-93-84030-97-1.
- — (2015). Why We Love The Way We Do. Westland Limited. ISBN 978-93-85724-18-3.
- — (2016). It's All in the Planet's. Westland Limited. ISBN 978-93-86036-45-2.
- — (2017). A Hundred Little Flames. Westland Publications Limited. ISBN 978-93-86850-42-3.
- — (2018). Love A Little Stronger. Srishti Publishers & Distributors. ISBN 978-93-87022-13-3.
- — (2018). The Rule Breakers. Westland. ISBN 978-93-87578-67-8.
- — (2019). Wake Up, Life is Calling. Srishti Publishers & Distributors. ISBN 978-93-87022-60-7.
- "Nielsen India Consumer Rankings" (PDF). Nielsen.com. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Forbes India Celebrity 100 Nominees List for 2015; Forbes India Blog". Forbesindia.com. Archived from the original on 5 November 2015. Retrieved 9 September 2015. "Forbes Celebrity 100 Nominees List 2014". Forbes India. "Forbes Celebrity 100 Nominees List 2013". Forbes India.
- "DESIblitz presents Asian Literature at Birmingham Literature Festival 2017". Business Standard.
- "It is written in the stars". The Hindu.
- "A League of Their Own". India Today.
- "Preeti Shenoy". Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "DESIblitz presents Asian Literature at Birmingham Literature Festival 2017". DESIblitz.
- "Author Preeti Shenoy Unveils the Cover of Her New Book A Hundred Little Flames at Birmingham Literary Festival 2017". International News and Views.
- "Stories Crossing Borders: An Afternoon with Preeti". The Box.
- "Life is beautiful". The Hindu. 15 October 2008. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- Catherine Rhea Roy (22 February 2012). "Along the way". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Hindustan Times e-Paper". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 23 February 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "DNA E-Paper – Daily News & Analysis -Mumbai,India". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- Bansal, Varsha (5 January 2013). "Preeti's secret wish list". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Of that never-sinking ship..." The Hindu. 8 February 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "REVEALED: The books India read in 2012! - Rediff Getahead". Rediff.com. 27 December 2012. Retrieved 23 February 2015.