|WikiProject Anarchism||(Rated Portal-class)|
|To help centralise discussions and keep related topics together, all Anarchism portal talk pages redirect here.|
|Note: This talkpage is for discussing possible improvements to Portal:Anarchism. Questions about anarchism should be addressed to the Reference Desk. Issues and requests regarding the coverage of Anarchism on Wikipedia should be raised on the Anarchism task force talkpage.|
Thank you for your interest in maintaining the Anarchism Portal!
I'd like to include the Anonymous article in the Anarchism portal. I realize that the group doesn't necessarily espouse anarchist values, but I believe that its self-organization exemplifies anarchy. Someone reverted my addition of the article, so I figured that the issue deserved some discussion here. KLP (talk) 16:06, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
- Just for clarification, I was the editor who reverted those changes. Now on to this discussion: Anonymous (group) is not yet a GA (good article) and so will not be added here for that simple reason. A discussion on the point of Anonymous being an example of Anarchist praxis would belong on the Anonymous talk page, and a call for greater anarchist editor participation could be made to the Anarchist Task Force, but the main discussion should be held at the Anonymous page. Any consensus reached there could be pointed to for justification of inclusion or exclusion here. That said, I do think that there have been media references (perhaps small ones) to anarchists participating in Anonymous. I distinctly remember seeing a broadcast program in which a commentator pointed out that the political element of Anonymous crosses the board, form liberal and conservative, to radicals such as anarchists. You could include that point in the section on Anonymous composition as a group. --Cast (talk) 16:29, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
Circled A in headerEdit
Error in PortalEdit
In the Anarchism portal there's two 'black' links, the second and the eleventh on the first row. I'm not sure how to edit portal info, so if someone could fix that it'd be lovely- extra props if you teach me how. :) Coriander → 06:13, 15 February 2013 (UTC)
- And fixed it. Coriander → 06:17, 15 February 2013 (UTC)
What's up with this subpage? It appears to be a substituted version of Template:Wikimedia for portals and I can't figure out why it's set up the way it is rather than just using the regular template. Not only that, but the subpage claims that it is supposed to be "generic" and used for all portals, which it certainly isn't on either, which supports the thought that this was a mistaken attempt at using the template that went badly. If there's no current reason for this, perhaps we should delete this subpage and simply use the regular template with suitable arguments. djr13 (talk) 23:28, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
- Apparently Portal:Socialism/Wikimedia also does this, although it doesn't have the seemingly misleading notice attached. Any ideas why these are like this, or is it perhaps just obsolete workarounds for something? djr13 (talk) 23:36, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
- See Wikipedia talk:Portal guidelines#References in portals. My preferred fix is to remove the references, since the "More about Anarchism..." link leads to the same text with the references. I'll do that now. -- John of Reading (talk) 06:06, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
Inclusion of US Anarchist groupEdit
I created the entry for Black Rose Anarchist Federation and it was flagged for deletion due to issues of notability. One suggestion was to include details about the organization in Anarchism related pages. Is there a suggestion or recommendation that someone would have? Thank you. Cali1155 (talk) 18:58, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Cali1155, and welcome to Wikipedia. I would recommend that you post your question on the Anarchism Task Force talk page. This page is intended for discussing the anarchism portal, and that page is for discussing articles and Wikipedia issues related to anarchism. — MShabazz Talk/Stalk 12:21, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
- I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. If you're referring to the list of people at the bottom, that's the anarchism template, and you should bring that up on its associated talk page. For what it's worth, I disagree because I don't think he is important enough to anarchism to be included there. -- irn (talk) 16:08, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
Status report from the Portals WikiProjectEdit
Wikipedia:WikiProject Portals is back!
The project was rebooted and completely overhauled on April 17th, 2018.
Its goals are to revitalize the entire portal system, make building and maintaining portals easier, and design the portals of the future.
As of April 29th, membership is at 56 editors, and growing.
There are design initiatives for revitalizing the portals system as a whole, and for each component of portals.
Tools are provided for building and maintaining portals, including automated portals that update themselves in various ways.
And, if you are bored and would like something to occupy your mind, we have a wonderful task list.
This page should not be speedily deleted because... it is the best single resource on earth for the series of philosophies that are anarchist. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nickolasnikolic (talk • contribs) 06:06, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
anarchist symbol at begining of pageEdit
I think the anarchist symbol at the beginning of the introduction looks like a drop cap so I'm suggesting that remove the A from the first word to create a better effect. the problem is that I don't know if other people see it the way I do and I'm afraid it will make it unreadable for them.21:21, 2 September 2018 (UTC)
Layout and visual changesEdit
Hi! I would like to propose some minor visual changes on the portal to make it more friendly:
- To make the overall look of the portal page similar to the wikipedia english front page!
- To use a very discret gray as boxes background color.
- To use a black background color for the whole page (like here Portal:Heavy metal, for example)
- To get rid of the extra blank spaces in the bottom of each box (is it possible?)
- To place the selecting arrows on the sides an not on the top (is it possible?)
- To get the "anarchism navbox" out of the "Topics" box, since it´s the only thing inside it, and get rid of the empty "topic" box
- To add the Article Statistics table from Wiki project in the portal page
What you think? Ogat 19:08, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
- Not sure how much use this portal gets (or portals in general, really). There was talk about deprecating the lot of them not so long ago. There's a group at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Portals building some tools for automating portals better. Might want to take a look at what they're doing so you don't duplicate work. czar 04:40, 30 January 2019 (UTC)