|Search user languages|
Spelling and grammarEdit
I correct Wikipedia typos on an industrial scale with AutoWikiBrowser (details here).
- The Lists of common misspellings
- "The the" and "the the" - Using a database dump every month or two
- Grammar and style fixes involving decades and centuries
I scan a downloaded copy of the Wikipedia text. Please feel free to ask me to run scans for you. My latest download is enwiki-20230301-pages-articles.xml.bz2 watch for a new download.
- Articles using default captions and/or alt text copied from help pages
- Articles listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting
- Articles listed in Category:Pages using infoboxes with thumbnail images
Writing content that meets Wikipedia's policies is hard. Back in 2011–2013 I created four articles:
- Plas Uchaf
- Castle of Park - on the Main Page for six hours, but I was singing at Coventry Cathedral that afternoon and missed it.
- Ascog House
- The White House, Aston Munslow
I've created one help page, Help:Infobox picture.
- Listen to Wikipedia - a very different recent changes feed