Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||M. D. Sridhar|
|Produced by||L. Dattatreya Bacchegowda, Bhanushree datta, Ganesh kasaragod Santhosh pai|
|Written by||B. A. Madhu (Dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||M. D. Shridhar|
|Story by||Puri Jagannadh|
|Based on||Pokiri (2006) by Puri Jagannadh|
|Music by||V. Harikrishna|
|Cinematography||A. V. Krishna kumar|
|Edited by||P. R. Sounder raj|
|Distributed by||Jayanna Films|
Dattu is a vagabond, ready to do anything for money. He poses a threat to the underworld dons but he himself comes under the fire of police officer Suryanarayana.
- Darshan Thoogudeepa as Dattu/ Surya Narayan IPS
- Pranitha Subhash as Anjali
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Ali Bhai
- Devaraj as Police Commissioner
- Avinash as Satya Narayan Murthy
- Shobharaj As Inspector Umesh reddy
- Sadhu Kokila as Uncle
- Tennis Krishna
- Sangeetha Shetty as Mona
- Suryanarayan waali as Guru
- Chitra Shenoy
- Srujan Lokesh
- Sharath Lohitashwa
- Ravi varma
- Chandan Naik
- Jai ram
- Santhosh pai
- Tumkur Mohan
- Suresh Anchan
- Vijaya sarathi
- Hanumanthe Gowda
- Vinayak Ram Kalagaru
- Kadabagere Srinivas
The film got an A Certificate from Censor Board before its release, with its runtime being 154 minutes. Later the film was recertified to get a U/A certificate, for video release, with a total of 109 cuts and the runtime being 128 minutes. The film's violence was toned down, and the film's heroine Praneetha's glamour show was completely deleted, since it was too bold for young viewers.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2016)
The Times of India rated it 3/5 Nowrunning rated it 2.5/5 Rediff.com rated 2.5/5 Filmibeat rated it 3/5. The Deccan Herald gave a positive review, stating that "The director has remained faithful to the original story byPuri Jagannath, thereby giving unalloyed joy to both action buffs and the sentimental ones." Indiaglitz rated the film 3.5/5, stating that "For action lovers there cannot be any thing better than Porki".
The original Telugu film Pokiri, directed by Puri Jagannadh, was remade in several other languages and still found success in the respective regional cinemas. Pokkiri is the first remake. The second one was Wanted, the Hindi version in 2009. Both Pokkiri and Wanted were directed by Prabhu Deva. Prakash Raj reprises his role as the villain in both the remakes. After that, a Kannada version, Porki, directed by M. D. Sridhar, was released on 14 January 2010.
- "Darshan's Porki completes 100 days". 11 May 2010.
- "Central Board of Film Certification".
- "Porki Review - Kannada Movie Porki nowrunning review".
- "Watch Porki only for Darshan".
- "Porki Kannada Movie, Wiki, Story, Review, Release Date, Trailers - Filmibeat".
- "Porkhi review. Porkhi Kannada movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com".
- Goldmines Telefilms (23 September 2013). "Main Hoon Wanted" – via YouTube.
- GoldminesBhojpuriMovies (19 November 2014). "Hamar Bhai Dabbang 2010 (Porki) - Bhojpuri Full Movie - Darshan, Pranitha Subhash, Ashish Vidyarthi" – via YouTube.
- Bhaskar, Shwetha (15 January 2007). "Pokkiri: Watch only for Vijay, Asin". Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 3 May 2017. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- Sen, Raja (18 September 2009). "Wanted is watchable... casually". Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 3 May 2017. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- Indira Lakshminarayan, Shruti (29 January 2010). "Watch Porki only for Darshan". Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 3 May 2017. Retrieved 3 May 2017.