Phu Bai International Airport
Sân bay Quốc tế Phú Bài
|Operator||Middle Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||49 ft / 15 m|
Source: Taseco Airs
October 30, 2005: Phú Bài Airport officially welcomed its first international flight since it was allowed to receive international flights by Vietnamese government in 2002. The charter flight operated by Austrian Airlines carried Austrian tourists from Luang Prabang, Laos. On May 24, 2007: Changi Airports International (CAI) today announced that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the People's Committee of Thua Thien Hue Province for the development of Phu Bai–Hue International Airport. This MOU was signed as part of the Vietnamese government's launch of a tourism master plan to develop Thua Thien Hue Province as the next international tourism destination of Vietnam.
The MOU was signed by Mr. Nguyen Xuan Ly, Chairman of People's Committee of Thua Thien Hue Province and Mr. Chow Kok Fong, Chief Executive Officer of CAI in Vietnam. The event was witnessed by officials from the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV).
February 23, 2013: Phú Bài Airport was expected to close for eight months for runway repairs and upgrades, estimated between 500 and 600 billion Vietnam Dong. The airport was actually closed from March 20 to September 20, two months less than planned. During this period, tourists who wished to travel to Hue by air had to use Da Nang International Airport.
A new terminal invested by The Airports Corporation of Vietnam with total investment of about VNĐ2.250 trillion (US$96.9 million) will cover about 10,118sq.m and have capacity of five million passengers per year by 2020 and up to 6.5-7 million passengers by 2025. This terminal is scheduled to be finished by the end of 2021.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Hai Au Aviation||Da Nang|
|Pacific Airlines||Da Lat, Ho Chi Minh City|
|VietJet Air||Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City|
|Vietnam Airlines||Da Lat, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City|
- "TASECO AIRS 2019 BÁO CÁO THƯỜNG NIÊN". Taseco Airs (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 17 January 2020.
- "Changi Airports International". Archived from the original on 2011-07-25. Retrieved 2007-09-18.
- "Phu Bai International Airport in Vietnam to Reopen on 20 September 2013". 2013-08-01. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- "VietJet Air increases flights to Hue for airport's reopening". Thanh Nien Daily. July 29, 2013.
- "CỤC HÀNG KHÔNG VIỆT NAM | Cục hàng không Việt Nam".
- "Phú Bài int'l airport to have new passenger terminal". Vietnam News. 2019-12-30. Retrieved 2019-12-31.
- "Viet Nam's Hai Au Aviation to launch coastal air taxis". ch-aviation.
- "Jetstar Pacific to open new Hue-Dalat routes in October". VietnamPlus. 2015-12-14.
- "Vietjet Air adds Hanoi – Hue route from Nov 2016". Routesonline.
- "Vietnam Airlines tiếp tục mở 5 đường bay nội địa mới". Vietnam Airlines (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 3 July 2020.