Pan-Atlantic University is a private, non-profit educational institution in Lagos, Nigeria.
|Chairman||Pascal G. Dozie|
|Vice-Chancellor||Juan M. Elegido|
Ibeju-Lekki Campus (100 hectares (250 acres)
Ajah Campus (10 hectares (25 acres)
The university had its origin as the Lagos Business School (LBS), established in 1991. The federal government approved the university as Pan-African University in 2002, and the LBS became its first school. The Ajah Campus was completed in 2003 and in 2010 work began on the Ibeju-Lekki campus.
In September 2011 the university launched the Virtual Museum of Modern Nigerian Art, a website created by Jess Castellote, a Spanish architect that includes over 400 works from 81 artists, including pioneering Nigerian artists such as Aina Onabolu and Bruce Onobrakpeya and emerging artists such as Richardson Ovbiebo and Babalola Lawson.
In November and December 2011 the EDC, for the first time, marked the Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), with a series of events in Lagos. Many Nigerians have ambitions to start a business, and the conference was extremely well-attended. EDC has been the GEW host for Nigeria since then. The University's Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) works with the Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Department of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to provide the SME Toolkit Nigeria. This gives free business management information and training to small businesses.
In July 2011 British Prime Minister David Cameron spoke at the Pan-Atlantic University in Lagos, discussing aid, trade and democracy. He spoke in favor of an African free trade area, and of increased trade with Britain.
On 17 November 2014 the University launched its first ever undergraduate programmes in its new campus at Ibeju-Lekki.
- "First 20 Years". Pan-African University. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- Hazelann Williams (2011-09-05). "Nigerian Art Goes Live On The Web". The Voice. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- "Etisalat, Pan African Varsity Partner On Global Entrepreneurship". P.M. News. 29 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- Randall Kempner (2011-11-20). "Africa's Entrepreneurial Hot-Spot". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- "GEW Partner Forum 2015". Global Entrepreneurship Week Nigeria. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- SIAKA MOMOH (21 November 2011). "How SMEs can enlarge their coasts with technology". Business Day (Nigeria). Archived from the original on 4 December 2011. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- Matthew Barrett (19 July 2011). "David Cameron sets out his plan for aid, trade and democracy in Africa". ToryDiary. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- "Pan-African University Changes Name To Pan-Atlantic". Channels Incorporated Limited. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Atueyi, Ujunwa (21 January 2015). "Pan-Atlantic varsity admits 86 at maiden matriculation". The Guardian. Lagos, Nigeria. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Yomi Owope | Pan-Atlantic University - Academia.edu". pau-edu-ng.academia.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-25.