Paisa Vasool (2017 film)
Paisa Vasool (transl. Money recovery) is a 2017 Indian Telugu-language action comedy film, produced by V. Anand Prasad under Bhavya Creations banner and directed by Puri Jagannadh. It stars Nandamuri Balakrishna, Shriya Saran, Vikramjeet Virk, Musskan Sethi in the lead roles and has music composed by Anup Rubens. The film marks Nandamuri Balakrishna's 101st film on the big screen, and he has for the first time singing a special song in this film with his own voice. The film received an average response from critics and audiences and was an average grosser at the box office.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Puri Jagannadh|
|Produced by||V. Anand Prasad|
|Written by||Puri Jagannadh|
|Music by||Anup Rubens|
|Edited by||Junaid Siddiqui|
|Distributed by||Reliance Entertainment|
|Box office||est. ₹25 crore|
Bob Marley (Vikramjeet Virk), a mafia don operating from Portugal, controls Hyderabad remotely using his agents. Unable to bear his atrocities of, India's premier intelligence agency RAW Chief (Kabir Bedi) looks for a self-proclaimed criminal through a local IPS officer named ACP Kiranmayi (Kyra Dutt). She finds a deadly gangster named Theda Singh (Nandamuri Balakrishna), who has just been released from Tihar Jail.
Meanwhile, Singh joins as a neighbor of a beautiful girl named Harika (Musskan Sethi), who is in search of her missing sister Sarika (Shriya Saran), in Portugal. Harika lodges a complaint regarding this with the authorities, leading to her safety being threatened by Bob Marley’s associates in Hyderabad. Theda Singh always protects her from them, so she starts falling for him. Suddenly, the RAW authorities are in for a shock when they realize that Theda Singh is not what he appears to be, he has recently landed from Portugal. Harika also comes to know that Sarika was murdered in Portugal and that the killer is none other than Singh.
The Indian Police Authority arrests Singh. In the interrogation, he reveals the flashback. Theda Singh, a cab driver in Portugal, who is no less than a rogue who participates in petty smuggling activities. He once meets Sarika as a passenger, who is a journalist and has been doing a sting operation on Bob Marley. Both of them fell in love. Bob Marley comes to know regarding Sarika's operation which divulges secrets of so many Indian politicians and professionals, so they try to kill her. Theda Singh arrives on time where the real suspense is revealed that Theda Singh is a true RAW officer named Balakrishna Nandamuri that has been granted the license to kill, who has appointed to kill Bob Marley. In that attack, Sarika is deeply injured. Once when Balakrishna is trying to kill Bob Marley, he gets a command from higher authorities to leave him and has to do so. Unfortunately, Sarika dies in his lap; before dying, she asks him to take care of her family. In that depression and hatred on the department, he creates an image that he has died.
The RAW Chief starts to meet him, but he is attacked by gangsters because he is the only person knowing the identity of Balakrishna and who has been collapsed. To find the truth the single way is to conduct a re-interview of him, which he successfully completes and rejoins the duty. Meanwhile, RAW chief recovers and orders Balakrishna to kill Bob Marley. Finally, he replies that he already finished him on the next day of Sarika's death. Only the Indian politicians and gangsters created an image that he is alive until the date, and he eliminates them also. At last, he goes to the next mission.
- Nandamuri Balakrishna as Theda Singh / RAW Agent Balakrishna Nandamuri
- Shriya Saran as Sarika
- Vikramjeet Virk as Bob Marley
- Musskan Sethi as Harika
- Kyra Dutt as ACP Kiranmayi
- Kabir Bedi as Raw Chief
- Ali as Theda Singh's friend
- Pavitra Lokesh as Sarika and Harika's mother
- Prudhviraj as Advocate Pruthviraj
- Amit Tiwari as Sunny
- Mukhtar Khan as Police Officer
- Alok Jain as Pathan
- Temper Vamsi as Bob Marley's henchman
|Soundtrack album by|
|Anup Rubens chronology|
|1.||"Paisa Vasool"||Bhaskarabhatla||Daler Mehndi, Uma Neha, Anurag Kulkarni||3:58|
|2.||"Kannu Kannu Kalisai"||Bhaskarabhatla||Anoop Rubens, Jithin Raj, Sree Kavya Chandana||4:18|
|3.||"Mama Ek Peg La"||Bhaskarabhatla||Nandamuri Balakrishna, Divya Divakar||3:35|
|4.||"Kanti Chuppu Chebutondi (Remix)"||Aarudhra||Mano||3:11|
|5.||"Padhamari"||Pulagam Chinnarayana||Mano, Geetha Madhuri||4:32|
|6.||"Theda Singh (Theme Song)"||Instrumental||Music Bit||2:00|
In February 2017, director Puri Jagannath announced on Twitter that he would be directing Nandamuri Balakrishna's 101st film in his next directorial venture to be bankrolled by Bhavya Creations. The muhurtham shot took place on 9 March 2017 in Hyderabad amidst much fanfare. S. S. Rajamouli, Boyapati Srinu, Krish and other dignitaries attended the muhurat ceremony. While Rajamouli gave the clap, Boyapati directed the first shot. The first look of the movie along with the title was launched on 9 June 2017 on the eve of Balakrishna's birthday. On 27 August 2017, as a part of the film promotion Puri Jagannadh released a track called "Jai Balayya" composed by Sandeep Chowta and sung by Sujay Harthi. N.T.Rama Rao's old song "Kanti Choopu Cheptondi" from the movie Jeevitha Chakram was remixed in the film.
- "Paisa Vasool (Overview)". The Times of India.
- Jonnalagedda, Pranita (28 June 2017). "Charmme gets Rs 4 crore for Paisa Vasool!". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 7 August 2020.
- "'Paisa Vasool' Box Office collection: Puri and Balakrishna's film fails to make an impression overseas - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 August 2020.
- "Paisa Vasool (Direction)". Hindustan Times.
- "Paisa Vasool: Puri Jagannadh reveals title and first look of Balakrishna's 101st film". 9 June 2017. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Paisa Vasool (Songs)". Cineradham.
- "NBK101 directed by Puri Jagannadh". indiatoday.in. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- "NBK101 launched in style". Gulte. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- "NBK 101 is Paisa Vasool". Idlebrain.com. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- quintdaily (27 July 2017). "Paisa Vasool Telugu Movie Review and Rating – 5QuintDaily".
- "Paisa Vasool Review". Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Paisa Vasool dialogues". Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "Paisa Vasool (Remix)". Now Running.