Oresegun Olumide is a Nigerian hyper-realistic artist. On 8 March 2016, he received media attention in Nigeria and beyond after he posted some of his oil on canvas paintings on social media website Facebook.
|Born||1981 (age 37–38)|
|Alma mater||Yaba College of Technology|
Early life and educationEdit
Born in Ikorodu, a suburb of Lagos, Olumide's love for drawing and painting started when he was 4. He is an alumnus of Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos where he graduated with a distinction in Fine Art. He cites Pablo Picasso and Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni as his role models.
Esra Gurkan, CNN, March 9, 2016
Olumide started painting professionally in 2005. His drawing and painting are inspired by his environment, mostly using water as the principal theme of his works. Olumide currently owns an art studio in Ikorodu where he showcases his works and exhibitions.
- Soyombo, Fisayo (9 March 2016). "TRIBUTE:Olumide Oresegun's 'perfect' paintings". The Cable News. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- Ohai, Chux (11 March 2016). "Oresegun Olumide takes art world by storm". The Punch News. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "Oresegun Olumide's Hyper Realistic Paintings are Spectacular". BellaNaija. 9 March 2016. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- Gurkan, Esra (9 March 2016). "These hyper-realistic photos are actually oil paintings". CNN. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "I want to build a school of art – Oresegun Olumide". Naij News. 16 March 2016. Retrieved 18 March 2016.